Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    so by opening the HOT air in the basement it will lower the temp rise ? How does that work ?

I will open it I usually have it closed in the summer for the AC but I open it in the winter for the extra heat. It is in the celeing so I dont get alot but I do get some heat from it.

Thanks beenthere for yor help just explain how it will lower it and how bad it is to run my furnace at the higher rise number.

Is it an easy fix for the installers to lower the temp rise or do YOU feel its unnessasary ?

When you open it. The blower will be able to move more air. Because the supply duct will have less pressure in it.

So it will increase the CFM of air flow through the furnace.

To get the most use from your media filter. I would want them to increase the air flow/blower speed.

If the blower is already on high speed. Then either a return will need to be added, or a supply, or a combination of both.

Since your only 4° under max temp rise, as your filter gets dirty, it will exceed max temp rise, and can damage the HX.

Since your taking your temp readings at registers. The actual temp rise at the furnace, may already be above 70°.

Its something you definately want to have checked, and taken care of.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If the unit is in the 2nd or hi fire state isnt the blower already running at max ?

I will fire it again and recheck at the furnace.

Ok I refired it and checked it after about 5 mins run time. It was 70 deg cold air return and 120 degs hot air.

I took the temp for the cold air right thru the filter door hole and the hot air right thru the side of the rubber gasket that holds the ac pipe into to acoil above the furnace.

This was after I opened the basement hot air run...

So ok or not ??? I have a 10 yr pars and labor warranty on this unit

Gotta go open the windows its warm in here lol

One of your temp rise checks is inaccurate then.
    You had 66 at teh grilles. And now 50 at the furnace.
    Sounds like it was not in second stage, for the temp rise check at the furnace.
    Do the test again, Saturday, but give it a longer run time, the stat may not have gone to second stage for your second test.

If it is really 50°, your ok.
    Contractor locator map

the reading at the furnace was done at hi stage you can tell by the blower speed and the stat I bumped up from 68 to 85 deg to force it to hi stage.

I let it run for about 5 mins or maybe a little longer and again took the cold air reading right at the filter door and the warm air reading thru the gasket around my acoil tube.

I DID open the cellar hot air run first would this matter ??

Also using the digital thermo you have to wait because it seems like when it gets close to the temp rading it starts bumping up a tenth at a time so IF you left it for a half hour with the furnace running it may keep creeping up.

Also IF the furnace goes into 2nd stage doesnt it automaticlly go back to first stage when it gets close to the set temp ??

Again I have a 10 yr Pars and Labor warranty on this unit but shoudl I still call them or ???

When I took the reading at the registers my cold air reading was probably higher as the room had wamed up

I feel good with my basement reading last night, whacha think

If you opend the basement supplies before checking temp rise at the furnace, that can make a big differene in temp rise.

At 50° rise, your fine.
    Contractor locator map

So.... Maybe thats why its lower then. Now you feel I should just leave well enough alone ?? I know they checked it when it was set up because I was right there and im sure given the fact that they have to warranty it for 10 yrs both parts and labor they probably would have done a good job ???

I also see that ThermoPride gas furnaces brag they have a constant 70 deg temp rise, why is it a problem with mine IF it went over that ??

I do like the feel of the warmer heat than I used to get with my oil furnace but I want to be sure im not cutting down my efficiency numbers that are on the paper work of 95% PLUS.
    Thanks again for the help. It looks like if you read the booklet that is with the furnace that it came with the blower speed at med/low setting when in hi fire so maybe there is a med/hi or hi that it could be changed to ??

Is there a way by me looking at the blower I could tell for sure where the blower speed is now so IF they ever had to increase it I would know IF they could ??

I have removed the cover before just to see the inside so I know where the blower is .

Thx

Ok I looked at the wires going to the board and here is what I have:

Red-low

Black- cool

Yellow- Medlow

Blue- M1

Now looking at this could the tech if he had to increase my blower speed to lower my temp rise while in the 2nd stage heat ??

Thanks

Probably your duct system is a little short. You have gone far enough in you're diagnosis. Please call a pro and not hurt yourself
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

A tech could increase your blower speed if need be.
    Contractor locator map

thanks beenthere but you think im ok given my readings from last night right ?

Yes, 50° temp rise is good.
    Contractor locator map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast