Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Were in Lincoln. Where are you located in Nebraska?

What others have said is right on the money. There is a test kit to pressure test that furnace which will tell you if the heat exchanger is bad. If so it needs to be replaced. Lennox has a program that will help you save alot of cash on a new furnace. If it is not cracked then it needs to be repaired. It was one of the most efficient furnaces on the market and still is today. Are they telling you that it needs replaced because they don't know how to repair it? Fing a Lennox dealer that knows how to repair it as most repairs on a Pulse are simple. I don't know what would need to be torn apart to figure it out.

That being said, it dosn't really matter what brand of equipment you purchase but who installs it. Lennox has heat pumps that are built really well but if not installed properly they will fail. Search for a contractor that knows what they are doing and you should not have a problem.

On a side note I don't know of a Lennox system that has a lifetime compressor warranty.

Good luck.
    Its a good Life!

Thanks Mkilgore

We are in Loup City. Moved here last year from Georgia. Finding I like Nebraska more every day we are here. I didn't think so before we moved, but now we're very glad to get away from the crowds of Atlanta. Small town life is great.
    Thanks for your reply. The repairman we selected is employed by an authorized Lennox dealer in central Nebraska. He checked the "flapper"?, the pressure valve, checked for a blockage in the exhaust system, cleaned it out and checked for power to the system. I don't think he did anything else and said that it was probably something in the interior of the system and it was nearly impossible to get to. It's possible that he thought the system was too old to spend much money on getting into the interior. I am too dumb to know whether that is a correct assumption or not.
    He is supposed to get back to me with a price on a new system and I will ask him about the warranty and repair situation as suggested by several others. I really appreciate all the replies from everyone. I'm getting a btter understanding of what I am facing. Thanks again!

Neal

Well, that move must have been quite the culture shock. We moved here from Syracuse New York about 35 years ago and I don't want to go back. Around here life is much slower paced and I like that.

Good luck with your furnace. Did you get someone from Grand Island or someome closer? If you have trouble getting the furnace pressure checked let me know (e-mail is in my profile) and I will ask my Lennox rep to suggest someone around you that can do it and knows about the rebate. I question the guy working on it because I don't understand whats inside he wants to get at. He may have taken it as far as he knows how. Not to put him down as the Pulse is a different breed and hard to work on without proper training.

Good luck!
    Its a good Life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12