Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sysint's new job

Congratulations to Sysint on his new position.

Keep up the good work, but you will be selling both BacNet & LON.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

...not even I know about this yet...

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    ...not even I know about this yet...

Copy of email from Loytec

fromInfo <info@loytec.com>reply-toinfo@loytec.com
    tokrogers@ciiservice.com
    dateThu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:05 AMsubjectLOYTEC Info 35 New sales representative in the USA
    LOYTEC Info 35 New sales representative in the USA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Daryl Clasen - New sales representative in the USA

2) Registration at www.loytec-americas.com

3) About LOYTEC

4) How to unsubscribe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Daryl Clasen - New sales representative in the USA

Herby LOYTEC Americas Inc. announces that Daryl Clasen has joined the
    company as technical sales representative for the US market.

Mr. Clasen has over 20 years experience in building automation systems
    and industrial fabrication with years as a System Integrator pursuing
    the advantages of networked buildings in a practical environment.

Mr. Clasen: I look forward to presenting the advantages of LOYTEC
    products to the US region to promote not only open protocols but
    leveraging the networked building to advance the growth of energy
    efficient buildings. LOYTEC has clearly demonstrated their expertise
    in providing network infrastructure products for many years and it is
    certainly my privilege to be able to discuss LOYTEC solutions with
    those in the LOYTEC-Americas region.

Daryl Clasen
    (removed emailed for antispam)
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

...gee thanks. Everyone here is laughing.

Congrats

Thumbs up

congrats sysint! nice company choice, you have some big shoes to fill in after Al Mouton's passing, but I'm confident you are more than qualified for the task at hand. Good luck,
    -Digo

Congrats sysint, your now an official "factory guy"
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

sysint gave me the impression he owned his own company...... did I misunderstand that?

Quote Originally Posted by automation_tech View Post
    sysint gave me the impression he owned his own company...... did I misunderstand that?
    I believe you misunderstood. From the press release:

"Mr. Clasen has over 20 years experience in building automation systems and industrial fabrication with years as a System Integrator ..."

Congratulations
    Did a headhunter contact you, or were you loooking?
    I'll understand if "it's none of my business".
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

I was involved with a few different things - anyway, I'd be happy to discuss with anyone one to one my history. However, this came up when someone from Loytec was in town so I made the change. I find it an honor to have been on their list.

I hope everyone pays attention here - Loytec is an extremely well developed company. They have intelligent hardworking individuals and well thought out products. They also have their own production so you get what they designed and made at their facility, which in these days is getting rare. However, it ensures their high quality level and quick turnaround.

Feel free to contact me on their product line. I hope to meet everyone at the AHR show (or earlier) as Loytec is putting it into another gear with some new products.

Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    I believe you misunderstood. From the press release:

"Mr. Clasen has over 20 years experience in building automation systems and industrial fabrication with years as a System Integrator ..."
    Digo,

I was referencing this pre-digo statement in 2006 when sysint was taking part in his usual "holier than BACnet" attitude, and trying to outdo me as a blue collar guy who owns his own business. I just figured by his arrogance, he was a typical engineer who hadn't ever picked up a tool, except the keyboard which he has used fairly well as a weapon against others on this board. My bad. I read what he said below as HIS automation company was involved in the largest automation installations in his state. No big deal really, unless the guy was lying. If he was, don't expect me to want to consider a product from a guy who spends a little too much of his time on this board bashing others within his industry. He has 6000+ posts you can look through by clicking his name to see some of his finest pieces of creative writings, in which he belittles the same industry folks that he would now love to sell his product to. Will he will only sell to those that believe LON is far superior to BACnet, or is anybody's money good now, regardless if he thinks were ignorant for using BACnet as our preferred protocol?

Sysint statement April 2006:

Listen, you want to compare resumes? OK fine. I'm a business owner of 2 businesses. One of which is an automation company.

As far as "blue collar"? - I started out as a fitter, so how much more blue is your collar?

I am currently having installed one of the largest automation installations in the state with integrated lighting, HVAC, access control and CCTV covering a city block and 3 additional buildings nearby all LONWORKS flat architecture.

So, I know about Lonworks enough to tell you $2,000.00 for an interface card is ridiculous, even if you don't like the reality of it.

I've dealt with proprietary, Modbus, bacnet and Lonworks and based on my many years of experience Lonworks has the most scaleable and reliable fieldbus of them all. It's also the only protocol that has a common network tool that can handle all aspects of a control system.

Why you had to pump yourself up, make it personal, and throw acusations I have no idea. Hopefully you stick to the topic next time.

Sysint, did YOUR successful automation business that specialized in using LON, go under? Did you sell it making a bundle of cash, and felt stepping down to become a sales rep for a product was the right thing to do, as you started a new beginning in your carrer? Why would an all-knowing, successful business owner become a lowly sale rep? Did you really own a successful automation company or were you considering your shares in an employee owned company, good enough to make the you "own 2 businesses" claim? Do you still own both of your successful businesses and are also taking this endevour on, because you're really that good?

You're willing to talk "one on one" when your reputation is out in the open on this board? Ohh, what are you trying to sell me again?

Happy Monday guys, I do have a business to run.

One - The big job started but never completed full integration. (see posts on the hardware failure of a certain manufacturer.)
    Two- We had a fire that took out our building in March. We were in the process of moving, however, much was left so it was decision time.

Three - What about this statement is incorrect? "I've dealt with proprietary, Modbus, bacnet and Lonworks and based on my many years of experience Lonworks has the most scaleable and reliable fieldbus of them all. It's also the only protocol that has a common network tool that can handle all aspects of a control system."

I am willing to defend my comments on bacnet fieldbus vs. CEA-709 any day. I'm correct about this. You want to compare notes on bacnet/IP and some of the structure of bacnet and I'm honest enough to tell you what I do and don't like.

Further, working for this company isn't what I would consider a "step down". It's simply something different. Perhaps your attitude hasn't changed as you didn't listen in 06 and you still don't today. Why you carried a serious grudge for 2 years is beyond me. Good luck to you. Let it go.

EDIT- AutomationTech, really I reviewed the discussion and could you answer why you didn't include the preface to the statement you posted, namely: "I'm on record stating IF (huge if) bacnet were implemented properly it would be far better."
    Last edited by sysint; 09-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast