Auto-Matrix trending

I spent the day pulling my hair out trying to set up trends for a customer on an Auto-Matrix system. It all seems to be straight forward but I must be doing something wrong.
    I am setting up 'Local' trends because I was unable to figure out how to set the PHP upload path to C:\TRENDS\ in the Sage-Max. I had no problems creating Trends and adding the points but when I configure the chart settings, save them and select 'use as default at start-up' I have a problem.
    I am trying to set the x-axis to display 5 days. I set the 'min' to 'NOW' (current date and time) and the 'span' to 5 (days). All others I leave at the default. The graph appears the way I want it so I 'Save' and check 'Use as default at start-up'. I did this for each trend that I created. The problem is when I re-open the graph it may sometimes start with the year 1899, sometimes the interval is 5 minutes instead of 5 days, sometimes 15 or 20 minutes. Everything on the graph looks OK except the x-axis configuration.
    Am I leaving something out?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I also have a problem if I am configuring the Trend Viewer and 'deactivate' the Object Server. When I restart the Object Server I get a popup that says something about Object Server Memory and look for a hidden or duplicate Object Server running etc. If I shut down Trend Viewer and Alarm Viewer and 'activate' Object Server it will start OK. Any clues?

The software problems you are having with the Auto-Pilot applications have always been there, and have never been satisfactorily fixed - the axis misconfiguration is a classic, as is the ObServer process that never quite goes away. The Auto-Pilot suite always has been fairly invasive as far as resources are concerned.

Regarding the SageMax setting you need, you'll find it in the settings of the particular port that you have set up for PHP (either PHPdcon or PHPdial). From the Main Menu, press P for "Ports", then D for "Change Driver Configuration", select the number of the PHP port, then E for "Edit Current Configuration" - it's in there.

Thanks davem!!

davem, I found the settings in the PHPdcon drivers. The system has 2 labelled PHPSlave. I changed the the upload directory to C:\TREND\ in both but it still does not work.

I continued with trying to set up 'Local' trends but the trends that I left last night stopped collecting data sometime yesterday. On the trend 'data' list I edited the label names to the name of the data point such as Space Temp and Supply Air Temp. I noticed error this morning of access errors to the named points so I set up more trends using the string from the Object Server without changing the labels. The first few seemed to work fine so I set up several more the same way. Before I left the job today none of the trends were collecting data again.

This has become a real nightmare. Is there a limit to the amount of data collected in a trend? Could that be causing this? I have followed all of the instructions in the literature but it seems impossible to create a trend that will actually run for more than a half hour. Is this typical? I must be missing something.....

Any more help would definitely be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't have any clues for you - my two experiences with the trending software both went very badly, and ultimately never worked properly (which is a major reason why I love Tridium so much as an AAM front-end...)
    Hopefully one of the other AAM gurus here can be of more assistance...

Dave

I would strongly recommend making the Sage do the trends rather than screwing around with even attempting to make local trends work. As davem mentions, the local trending capabilities of the product are somewhat limited and were never fully enhanced the rest of the way to do what they could have. Keep in mind this is a Microsoft Access MDB backbone, which is volatile to begin with. Your typical MDB is limited to about 1GB in useful situations, anything over this is just asking for problems. You can check the current size of your mdb by looking in C:\Program Files\Auto-Pilot and find the trends.mdb database.

You mention that the system has 2 PHPslave drivers. There are no PHPdcon listings? This may be the root cause of your issue. PHPslave is used to configure the device as a peer to another PHP-Host device. I would try changing the port driver configuration via:

Main Menu
    - Select P for Ports
    - At Ports Menu, select C for Change Configuration
    - At Change Menu, select Port Number
    - Then, select the numeric option for PHPdcon
    - Make certain that PHP Upload/Download path is set for C:\TRENDS\ or \TRENDS\ (without C:\)
    - Once configured, select S for Save Configuration, then M for Make Changes Now!

Keep in mind that a serial connection is a serial connection, things are going to take time to download. The Sage trend files are binary format from the start, meaning that when you create a trend, the maximum file size is created to start off. So if you're trying to download a yearly trend, you're looking at an eternity.

You may be better off updating them to newer technology in the form of NiagaraAX (if you have access to it) or if you're an AAM dealer, buy their Integra product (same thing as Tridium, nothing different). Trending is much easier to deal with and less hectic for setup.

Thanks for the info misternorth79. There actually are 2 PHPdcon ports listed, 4 and 8 but now that you mention it where the type is listed such as 'Dumb' , VT100 etc. they are labelled PHPSlave. I will try to change one.
    The trends already exist in the Sage. I can open them in Virtual Terminal just not from Trend Viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Thanks for the info misternorth79. There actually are 2 PHPdcon ports listed, 4 and 8 but now that you mention it where the type is listed such as 'Dumb' , VT100 etc. they are labelled PHPSlave. I will try to change one.
    The trends already exist in the Sage. I can open them in Virtual Terminal just not from Trend Viewer.
    Hmmm...it almost sounds as if the ports configuration is totally corrupted, if you're seeing different listings between the Port Configuration Menu and other Port Monitor Menu. Let me know if the information I provided helps at all. If not, reply back and I'll try to help you through more outside of the thread.

Back to this nightmare. The trends ran fine until 10/9/08. Almost all stopped collecting data at that time. Very few continued. I was there earlier in the week and tried to get them going but not much luck. I tried to 'reset' all of the trends. Now they all say Status - 'reset', Progress - '0%'. I went through and selected 'Start' for all trends but I don't believe they have started at this point. Any more ideas guys?

It looks like I'm going to have to contact the Honeywell rep soon.