Trane Compressors

Trane Compressors

Can someone tell me if on trane 3-D Scrolls 10 and 15 toners if there is a dip tube into the sump connected to the oil service valve. I was just wondering about an oil change.

I have never heard of changing the oil in a compressor. I couldn't see why you would need to.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by climinthewall View Post
    I have never heard of changing the oil in a compressor. I couldn't see why you would need to.
    you are kidding, right

The 3D's oil access is a dip tube. The later ones have just a 1/4 flare. Take it out with nitrogen and pull it back in with vacuum. Oh yea, check those crankcase heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by lipsoffurry View Post
    The 3D's oil access is a dip tube. The later ones have just a 1/4 flare. Take it out with nitrogen and pull it back in with vacuum. Oh yea, check those crankcase heaters.
    the oil equalization line does not have a dip tube though. CCH...yeah. you gotta check 'em!

good luck.
    You either love bacon or you are wrong.

4 gallons of gas, 2 miles of travel, teaching my daughters how to drive in the high school parking lot...priceless!

jayguy, not talking about the oil equaization line. I mean the oil service valve. Dip tube or no dip tube. This valve is above the sight glass slightly if no dip tube I guess its for adding oil and removing oil if it is at a real high level.

That compressor has a curved copper tube from the oil charging valve to the sump (dip tube).

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    jayguy, not talking about the oil equaization line. I mean the oil service valve. Dip tube or no dip tube. This valve is above the sight glass slightly if no dip tube I guess its for adding oil and removing oil if it is at a real high level.
    That valve is for draining the oil out is it get too high above sight glass. Or to add more oil in. It does no have any dip tube

Quote Originally Posted by just_opinion View Post
    That valve is for draining the oil out is it get too high above sight glass. Or to add more oil in. It does no have any dip tube
    Was just looking at a cut-a-way in the shop and it does have a dip tube. Think about it, what is the point of an oil drain if it won't drain oil.
    I don't know why the old bristols didn't have a dip tube, just an access fitting to drain excess oil, but no sight glass.

If you do not think the valve has a dip tube, pull one out and check it. How would you change the oil if you cannot get the bulk of the old oil out? If the oil level gets too high where did it come from? If the oil level is too low where did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    i was just adding more useless info to lipps useful info.

good luck.
    You either love bacon or you are wrong.

4 gallons of gas, 2 miles of travel, teaching my daughters how to drive in the high school parking lot...priceless!

Jay, mine was useless, too. Oh yea, check those CCH's.

Yes, The 3D scrolls have a dip tube...