Thread: York, DJ 060

York, DJ 060

I have an issue regarding the time delay on the indoor fan motor on a call for heat. I have the fan commanded on all the time, but when I call for heat, the fan turns off and goes through it's time delay (heat exchanger warm-up period). I have 23 York rtu's at this building, albeit different sizes, and this is the only unit that this is happening on. Anyone know if the logic can be programmed in the UCB?
    Thanks in advance.

E.
    Last edited by Entity; 09-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Let me guess, this is the unit that serves your area. I'm not familiar with this particular unit but most have dip switches, or some other mechanical means for adjusting fan delay times. Hopefully at least 1 of the 23 manuals was left on site for the info on its location, or go online to York.

I am not sure what you mean by "let me guess, this is the unit that serves your area"? I did go to York online, document# 282262-YTG-D-0708, and the only thing i can find is a little paragragh that states "Unit shall be provided with fan time delay to prevent cold air delivery before heat exchanger warms up (gas heat only)". This RTU is a different cabinet than the rest, and its manual is not onsite. But thanks for the input

If it is a different cabinet then what about the model numbers. Are they EXACTLY the same. If not exactly the same then it is ot the same as the others on the roof and it is doing its job the way it is suppsed to. Maybe the "G" command is a different fan spped then the fan speed for heat.
    UA Local 141

Your right, its not the same unit, what I meant to say is all of them are York units. My bad, sorry for the confusion. See the problem that I am having is that when the BAS calls for heat, it has to verify fan operation or an alarm is generated. I was only wondering if I can stop that fan delay on a call for heat when the fan is commanded on. Only one fan speed, so its not changing speeds, Going by the wiring diagram the only thing that could control this is the logic in the UCB.
    Last edited by Entity; 09-09-2008 at 07:58 PM.