Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: hvac license

I'm thinking that when j1 finds out what all is involved, he might have a change of mind.

I don't understand why has it become a feeding frenzy on this guy? How can you translate taking pride in what one does as being a hack? Does Jr have any idea what he's trying to get into? Doubt it, but christ why go on beating the man down, those who are guilty are considering him failed before it begins? Of course he thinks its going to be easier than he thinks it is thats because he's just at the beginning of they journey. We we ALL there once but I doubt we're of the same mindset today. He came here, to ask professionals, how to pursue getting licensed and he gets met with animosity, why? Because he's honest about his intentions?

Quote Originally Posted by junior1 View Post
    lol guys i think been there hit the nail with the hammer or how ever that expression goes lol. yes I'm interested in it for my own repairs etc. and once comfortable with it i might consider it for a trade/profession etc. i was looking for a trade/profession for a long time that would put me close or maybe right at my current income and i think i might of stumbled across it. believe it or not my current profession has me sick and tired of it and doesn't allow me to spend enough time with the wife and kids. this might help if i get my ducks in a roll and just have helpers do the job and me coming along at the final steps and checking everything out and hooking up the coper lines and the 220 and pulling vacuum etc. and so on you all know the routine better than i can imagine. I'm sure there is plenty of work out there for all contractors to be able to live off of. and yet questionable sometimes due to pricing if your too high you will scare your customers but then again there is profession and parts replace rs etc. i wont get into all that but i appreciate all the great info here, i think i might of found the answer in another thread posted here that took me straight to the source and i have already downloaded my study guide from on line and as soon as i get a chance i will start studying and I'm sure i will do just fine if i set my mind to it.
    Adamsmasher read this again and then think about your last post; it was his attitude and lack of respect for what we do that got under my skin. Well that and his poor langauge skills.

I'm just yankin' the wee lad's chain. I have absolutely nothing against him going into HVAC, nor do I believe he would be a hack.

Relax, guy

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    Well that and his poor langauge skills.
    I was just giving him a friendly ball busting for precisely that reason, Adamsmasher.

Again, another failed attempt at humor on my part

Quote Originally Posted by ECIndHVAC View Post
    I was just giving him a friendly ball busting for precisely that reason, Adamsmasher.

Again, another failed attempt at humor on my part
    Hey, it's all good. Speaking only for myself on this one. I come to this site to relax?/ chill out, not to bicker & fight. If I wanna fight, I have a wife of thirty plus years that can give me a run for the money.

Class. I understand. Jr presumes that he'll go to a couple of classes and then he'll have a legion of helpers to do his work and make his fat cash while he does whatever he wants to do (spend more time with his wife and kids, I don't think thats a bad ambition). Of course he has absolutely no idea what summers are like. He's being short sided and he's got visions of grandeur so what? Isn't that that why most guys go into business? Either they don't like how anyone else is running their business or they want to improve their quality of life? As I've said he has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what he's trying to get into and it is very likely he wont succeed (most businesses fail within the first 5 years) but I can't knock the guy for wanting to try. And so what if he's gramattically enept, does that deserve precipitous condescention?

And so what if he's gramattically enept, does that deserve precipitous condescention?[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact it does!!!!

I can separate the wheat from the chaff here. I've got a dozen remodels scheduled over the next twelve months. If jr wants some ojt, here it is. If he sees exactly what's what, then he can make an informed decision about this possible career change. Fair enough?

help me understand something--what are you trying to accomplish by being nasty to jr? Do you think its working? Do you want him to feel like an @$$hole or an imbicile? Do you think its working? Do you want him to wake up and smell the roses and have a reality check? Why not have pity on his ill-conceived notions and help him see how things really are, being nasty won't do that. His pompousness and arrogance could make me angry to but then I remember how pompous and arrogant I was and try to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I can separate the wheat from the chaff here. I've got a dozen remodels scheduled over the next twelve months. If jr wants some ojt, here it is. If he sees exactly what's what, then he can make an informed decision about this possible career change. Fair enough?
    But he wants to let the helpers do the "grunt" work. And him do the easy part. LOL
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    But he wants to let the helpers do the "grunt" work. And him do the easy part. LOL
    Sorry. That position has already been filled. By ME.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Sorry. That position has already been filled. By ME.
    You mean you not going to let him drive around all day, depositing the hundreds of checks people give and mail to you. LOL
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast