+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is with education forums

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Royster88 View Post
    Any union members out there. 30% on out of work list out here.Think I'll go back to non union.
    Union memeber Chicago burbs. Work is slow! May have to go non union.

Post Likes

Please try to keep these posts on topic guys.

The thread is about the site's Pro Status requirements.

Post Likes
    Hi,
    New here. It appears that I am locked out. Am not a professional. I am an amateur.
    However, every time I have a professional "fix" my air conditioner, I have to repair the repair.
    By the way, the ohm resistance on my Goodman compressor appears to be 6.8 ohms. The start capacitor that the "Professional" replaced burned out the connecting wire. Replaced the wire, now will be shopping for the correct capacitor.

Post Likes
    I too am having trouble viewing the educational forum boards, the number of posts show 20, yet I see none.
    I am a newbie by all regards, studying the 608 manual online for kicks and giggles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolphin View Post
    I too am having trouble viewing the educational forum boards, the number of posts show 20, yet I see none.
    I am a newbie by all regards, studying the 608 manual online for kicks and giggles.
    The Educational Forums are open only to members with Professional Status.

Get your post count up and Apply for Pro Membership.

Post Likes
    Good to know Royster88 I was thinking of going Union (597),been trying to start career for 5 yrs now a lot of good experience but the work is few and far between.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The Educational Forums are open only to members with Professional Status.

Get your post count up and Apply for Pro Membership.
    Ahh! Perfect. I just got 608 Class I certified

Thanks for the help,
    Cory.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by macrylinda1 View Post
    Just clicking around. Very informative. Hey FCS I have family in Eden N.C. ever been.
    cool And welcome
    If you help others then you are a Success

Post Likes
    Why are so many saying they may have to go non-union to get work?

Never been in a union so I am trying to understand, I always thaught the union guys had it better.

thanks
    jim

Post Likes
    Hello all, I am looking for a little bit of help!
    I am 608 Class I certified but unemployed...I have applied for professional membership but I have not had a response and I do not have access to the personal messaging system, am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Cory Dolphin

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolphin View Post
    Hello all, I am looking for a little bit of help!
    I am 608 Class I certified but unemployed...I have applied for professional membership but I have not had a response and I do not have access to the personal messaging system, am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-Cory Dolphin
    Cory

When did you apply? Depending on the season it could take 10 - 14 days for them to get to your application. If it has been longer than this you should send the committee a note asking for updated info about your membership upgrade.

As far as PM's, Only Professional Members have PM abilities. Up until a few years back no one on this site had PM abilities. The main reason was to keep DIY from asking members in the back ground for DIY help. This still hold true until you are approved for a free account upgrade.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    Start a post under the job Forum you'll get lot of help and suggestion

Good luck
    I'm so tired of just installations. I need to learn more about service so I dont burn myself out. I'm sure some people can relate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
    I'm so tired of just installations. I need to learn more about service so I dont burn myself out. I'm sure some people can relate.
    David, join in on some of the technical conversations on this site and when you have enough posts to qualify simply send in your membership application. There is no charge to be upgraded to pro. At that time, you can view the educational forums and get into the more technical discussions. This will help you jump the fence and get into service.

Post Likes
    Not sure I get why you restrict the educational forums to pro members. I can understand why you would keep pedestrians from posting in and even viewing the pro forums, and I even understand a little bit why you'd keep people like me from posting in the educational forums, but as someone whho would like to learn more about HVAC-R, I'm a little confused why I am prevented from viewing the educational articles.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by r22forbreakfast View Post
    Not sure I get why you restrict the educational forums to pro members. I can understand why you would keep pedestrians from posting in and even viewing the pro forums, and I even understand a little bit why you'd keep people like me from posting in the educational forums, but as someone whho would like to learn more about HVAC-R, I'm a little confused why I am prevented from viewing the educational articles.

You just need to get your post count up to 15 than apply for pro it's just that easy.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    You just need to get your post count up to 15 than apply for pro it's just that easy.
    But I'm not a HVAC-R professional. I'm just an engineering student, looking to learn more about HVAC-R and possibly become a refrigeration engineer or technician. If it was just the post count I wouldn't be complaining.

Post Likes
    But I'm not a HVAC-R professional. I'm just an engineering student, looking to learn more about HVAC-R and possibly become a refrigeration engineer or technician. If it was just the post count I wouldn't be complaining.
    There is a special acceptance policy for students of the trade. Send an email to the Membership Committee with a copy of your student ID and a class schedule to verify.

Post Likes
    I am currently self-taught; I am only in my first year. Bad luck, I guess. I would have thought that a strong legal disclaimer would sufficiently protect you guys from the onslaught of DIYers.

Post Likes
    I am currently self-taught; I am only in my first year. Bad luck, I guess. I would have thought that a strong legal disclaimer would sufficiently protect you guys from the onslaught of DIYers.
    As unfortunate as your situation may be consider this.

Bad economy, out of work, money beyond tight and the furnace goes out. If we didn't restrict information in some way or carefully regulate said info a HO will read and apply a fix with his mechanical aptitude and experience level. 1 chance in 10,000 something will happen that will be bad. How many lawyers would it take to get around a disclaimer in our world today or at least give it a good shot creating a financial burden on the site owners to defend themselves?

If I were you I would still present my case to the MC, what do you have to lose?

Post Likes
    Really the only case I have is what I already posed, which would make a pretty lame plea. I sense an incoming "Leave us alone, DIYer!" email. But I understand.

If the owners of the site are reading this, I suggest they move their servers offshore in the glorious lawlessness of international law, shielding themselves from morons and their junk lawsuits. Nobody ever gets Wikileaks down, they're pretty much the drug-crazed naked guy on "COPS" of the internet world. You notice he never gets caught, because there's nothing to grab on to.

Would it help if I sent you and Crackertech a vial of my tears?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in