Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
    I'm so tired of just installations. I need to learn more about service so I dont burn myself out. I'm sure some people can relate.
    David, join in on some of the technical conversations on this site and when you have enough posts to qualify simply send in your membership application. There is no charge to be upgraded to pro. At that time, you can view the educational forums and get into the more technical discussions. This will help you jump the fence and get into service.

Not sure I get why you restrict the educational forums to pro members. I can understand why you would keep pedestrians from posting in and even viewing the pro forums, and I even understand a little bit why you'd keep people like me from posting in the educational forums, but as someone whho would like to learn more about HVAC-R, I'm a little confused why I am prevented from viewing the educational articles.

Quote Originally Posted by r22forbreakfast View Post
    Not sure I get why you restrict the educational forums to pro members. I can understand why you would keep pedestrians from posting in and even viewing the pro forums, and I even understand a little bit why you'd keep people like me from posting in the educational forums, but as someone whho would like to learn more about HVAC-R, I'm a little confused why I am prevented from viewing the educational articles.

You just need to get your post count up to 15 than apply for pro it's just that easy.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    You just need to get your post count up to 15 than apply for pro it's just that easy.
    But I'm not a HVAC-R professional. I'm just an engineering student, looking to learn more about HVAC-R and possibly become a refrigeration engineer or technician. If it was just the post count I wouldn't be complaining.

But I'm not a HVAC-R professional. I'm just an engineering student, looking to learn more about HVAC-R and possibly become a refrigeration engineer or technician. If it was just the post count I wouldn't be complaining.
    There is a special acceptance policy for students of the trade. Send an email to the Membership Committee with a copy of your student ID and a class schedule to verify.

I am currently self-taught; I am only in my first year. Bad luck, I guess. I would have thought that a strong legal disclaimer would sufficiently protect you guys from the onslaught of DIYers.

I am currently self-taught; I am only in my first year. Bad luck, I guess. I would have thought that a strong legal disclaimer would sufficiently protect you guys from the onslaught of DIYers.
    As unfortunate as your situation may be consider this.

Bad economy, out of work, money beyond tight and the furnace goes out. If we didn't restrict information in some way or carefully regulate said info a HO will read and apply a fix with his mechanical aptitude and experience level. 1 chance in 10,000 something will happen that will be bad. How many lawyers would it take to get around a disclaimer in our world today or at least give it a good shot creating a financial burden on the site owners to defend themselves?

If I were you I would still present my case to the MC, what do you have to lose?

Really the only case I have is what I already posed, which would make a pretty lame plea. I sense an incoming "Leave us alone, DIYer!" email. But I understand.

If the owners of the site are reading this, I suggest they move their servers offshore in the glorious lawlessness of international law, shielding themselves from morons and their junk lawsuits. Nobody ever gets Wikileaks down, they're pretty much the drug-crazed naked guy on "COPS" of the internet world. You notice he never gets caught, because there's nothing to grab on to.

Would it help if I sent you and Crackertech a vial of my tears?

Hello, I am wanting to apply for the EF's forums but on the app. it says you will need a epa cert. or bus. lis. I am in a trade school at the time and am looking for anything to supplement it. Will my receipt or something get me in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tnscooter View Post
    Hello, I am wanting to apply for the EF's forums but on the app. it says you will need a epa cert. or bus. lis. I am in a trade school at the time and am looking for anything to supplement it. Will my receipt or something get me in?
    There is a special acceptance policy for students of the trade. Send an email to the Membership Committee with a copy of your student ID and a class schedule to verify.

i need a hvac company business plan. I am trying to get approve with well fargo for lending and they require a business plan. does anyone have a generic busieness plan for a start up ac company that you would mind letting me copy for this purpose? please email it to me if you do , thanks. Please put your email address in your profile, not in post, thank you.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-13-2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: removed email address

Please don't put email addresses in post, thank you. Put if your profile.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Wow just saw this thread. Do people not know how to read? You guys sure repeat yourselves a lot lol.
    Steamfitters Local 601

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast