Question Guardian Air - RGF PHI (photohydroionization) Cells

I have been trying to find out any (pro/con) feedback about the rgf phi (photohydroionization ) cells. I have been searching the archives and have not gotten any answers.... I figured I would post a new thread and to get some answers.

What would you like to know?

What are you trying to accomplish?

What is your contractor telling you?

I would like to know if it works and is it better than other UV lights. Do these systems work or are they gimmicks. Does it produce ozone that may be a health problem. I am trying to improve indoor air quality and I rarely if ever open the windows due to allergy concerns.

In general, yes it works - but it's relative to what you're trying to accomplish. If VOCs are the target, their are better products.

I'm not 100% sure on the Ozone -- but I have it on good auth. that it does produce Ozone.

Can I suggest before you or your contractor start spending money that you ID the nature of the problems you have in your home. Look locally for a contractor or ck the Webb site for an Air-advice dealer - test the air.... then take the appropriate corrective action to bring remedy.

Guardian Air

Am interested in odor and pollutant elimination (we live in a very tight' home and cooking odors linger - especially in winter when the house is closed up).

Our heating contractor gave us info on Guardian Air and am interested in other peoples experience.

Thanks.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by delquester View Post
    I have been trying to find out any (pro/con) feedback about the rgf phi (photohydroionization ) cells. I have been searching the archives and have not gotten any answers.... I figured I would post a new thread and to get some answers.
    Why don't you try looking in the indoor air quality threads. I believe you will find more pages than you can read on the subject. And most are very negative.
    Its basically a system that is being marketed as an air cleaning device when all of the testing they are basing the performance on is on service contact.

If you want results - then you have to:

1) Identify the problem(s)... mold, moisture, contamination, pollution, VOC..
    2) Execute a remedy

Find a local professional that can offer you an Air Advice test, It will cost aprox. $250 on average, higher for multiple systems or large homes. You OWN the report, it establishes your conditions vs. EPA & American Lung Assoc guidelines.

Have a competent contractor inspect your system, validate size to load, duct design & sizing. Once the full envelope of your home can be surveyed, the proper action can be taken.

You can't expect bolt on items to bring remedy, engineered solutions bring remedy.

Guardian Air

Great Product and it has a money back guarantee if purchased from a reliable source. I would find an authorized wholesaler and get a recommendation on a reputable dealer that will honor the guarantee.
    The Guardian air does not address particulates, you will still need a good filtration product for that. It addresses any single cell organisms, odors, voc's, viruses, etc. I know of countless personal testimonials but one of the most impressive came from Texas Mutual insurance. They installed it in all their corporate facilities after doing independent testing. I don't think a global insurance company would take risks with litigation?
    As for the Ozone production it produces than the amount to be listed on the EPA's list of ozone producing devices. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ok2eme View Post
    Great Product and it has a money back guarantee if purchased from a reliable source. I would find an authorized wholesaler and get a recommendation on a reputable dealer that will honor the guarantee.
    The Guardian air does not address particulates, you will still need a good filtration product for that. It addresses any single cell organisms, odors, voc's, viruses, etc. I know of countless personal testimonials but one of the most impressive came from Texas Mutual insurance. They installed it in all their corporate facilities after doing independent testing. I don't think a global insurance company would take risks with litigation?
    As for the Ozone production it produces than the amount to be listed on the EPA's list of ozone producing devices. Hope this helps.

Well that is the first honest thing I have heard said about this technology is years with out a lot of marketing hype.
    But let me add one thing most odor, VOCs and biologics are airborne leaving an HVAC system the test data referring to this technology is all about surface contact reductions not air quality. And the ozone production leads to intermediaries (byproducts) that can be harmful if levels are present in an enclosed space. There is great potential for this technology in industry and remediation but you will never see it in my home in the near future.

I think they work good but as ok said ya need a good electronic in conjunction.

And this product has been hammered to death on here......