Thread: RV Duo-therm; Penguin model by Dometic

Post Likes

RV Duo-therm; Penguin model by Dometic

Folks AC went down on RV.

Two units identical problem on both; Run and cool for about 15 minutes, kick off.

On arrival found hot compressor, checked thermal OL on compressor and verified closed. only two safeties, this one and freeze stat. no HPCO or LPCO.

Board is open, on an NO relay (both units). Jumped relaly and compr. ran. Cond. fan is running already indicating a call. Data phone cable type stat.; unable to check input. I suspect something in board/stat are holding unit out on temp; not able to find any trouble shooting for board/ or stat on Google, only find install instructions.

Unable to check charge, no access ports and don't have a piercing valve.

I cleaned both condensers but suspect this is not the problem. No oil noted around compressor or condenser indicating a leak

Why would the board hold out the compressor? What is it sensing? Time?

If let sit, several hours, the units will come back on again. I can't get past why the board and not the compr. thermal OL is tripping??!!??!!

Thank you, Clay

Post Likes
    No schematic?

Post Likes

yes there is

All it shows is the black from the board to the cpr. OL (thermal) parrallel to the start and return on com. This is fed from a NO relay, mounted on the board. This rely is open. I jumped the relay and bumped the the compressor.

The only other safety is the freeze stat.

This is a heat pump.

I appreciate your reply; I'm guessing my lack of response is due to my heading?!?

If I had listed it by the problem alone I see I would have received many more views and therefor responses.

Thanks,
    Last edited by clayb1; 09-08-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: add info/detail

Post Likes
    Are the terminals labeled on this NO relay?

Post Likes

yes

com and 5; com is hot (L1) and 5 goes to the OL on the cmpr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in