+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remember when Metallica ruled the world?

Post Likes
    I grew up on "old Skool" Metallica. In my opinion Justice was there last great album. The Black album was very good but if you listen closely you can hear the weakness setting in. Anything after the Black is crap. Any one jamin to Five Finger Death Punch???? Very Very good angry music.
    Bring back rotary phones so we dont have to press 1 to proceed in ENGLISH!!!!

Post Likes

Unhappy

After all Metallica was "non corporate" metal, then when Napster sprung up Lars was like "hey you cant do that, we own the music, Metallica is a business(insert corporation)". I lost all respect for them then, the guys that were "anti-establishment", became the establishment. Then even though I heard it was Jason's fault, he left and the new bassist theres just something about him that make it even more UnMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    After all Metallica was "non corporate" metal, then when Napster sprung up Lars was like "hey you cant do that, we own the music, Metallica is a business(insert corporation)". I lost all respect for them then, the guys that were "anti-establishment", became the establishment. Then even though I heard it was Jason's fault, he left and the new bassist theres just something about him that make it even more UnMetallica
    The new bassist is Robert Trujillo from Suicidal Tendencies. The guys say he is the closest they have seen in a long time to Ol Cliff (RIP).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetaldad View Post
    heyyy! i'm an old fart and i still listen to the loud power chords.as the name implies, my boys and i listen to the same headbanging, windmilling noise outthere.still go to concerts - but use earplugs - gotta save what's left.metallica went mainstream corporate. st. anger stunk. megadeth can still churn it out, likewise heaven and hell. there's alot of great stuff out of europe these days
    Easy now I was just having a little fun at robos expense. My father brother, sister and wife all drove up to wisconsin for ozfest. We had platinum passes and got to meet ozzy and disturbed, system of a down. We got tons of pics and autos drank lots of beer and was totally in awe at front row center. Now I do say that mettalica is/was awesome but Ozzy/Sabbath trully rule metal.
    "It's always controls"

Post Likes
    Just for a goof!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnabirVn5O8

B4 you rant....I do like Metallica, and Ozzy and all of those that you have mentioned B4. I also like metal with a message
    B-

Anything is possible with God

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency - F. Leghorn

Ain't I a stinker - B. Bunny

\m/ (>.<) \m/ ROCK HARD!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    The new bassist is Robert Trujillo from Suicidal Tendencies. The guys say he is the closest they have seen in a long time to Ol Cliff (RIP).
    No doubt there. In my opinion, the current Metallica is holding Robert back!

I've seen Suicidal Tendencies a few times.
    They are amazing. They started out as kind of punk-ish but their music quickly grew and was quite diverse!
    Even though they change bass players, etc every now and then. They still sound damn good. Actually better live than on their albums I think!

BiblepoetJust for a goof!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnabirVn5O8

B4 you rant....I do like Metallica, and Ozzy and all of those that you have mentioned B4. I also like metal with a message
    LOL! I often tune into reignradio.com which is a Christian Metal/Rock internet station. (Although their AAC server has been down for a while).

I've heard Apologetix several times and I'll be like WTF? Because it's all covers of popular songs with the words changed.
    But he doesn't just sing over the original tracked recordings. They actually play all of those songs. Some simple, some complicated. Solos and all.

It's just sort of GOOFY sometimes!

Post Likes
    Twilli likes ABBA.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli likes ABBA.
    I kinda thought you looked Swedish!!!
    B-

Anything is possible with God

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency - F. Leghorn

Ain't I a stinker - B. Bunny

\m/ (>.<) \m/ ROCK HARD!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    I had no clue that was the bassist from Suicidal

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    I had no clue that was the bassist from Suicidal
    Yup. But I think that was BEFORE he played with Ozzy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli likes ABBA.
    Well, they did turn part "heavy" metal.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PaysonHVAC View Post
    Yup. But I think that was BEFORE he played with Ozzy.
    Now I did know that Payson

Post Likes
    metallica has died in my thiughts when cliff died, they knew it too, no metallica has used the bass as strong since then, last album from them i am kind of liking is and justice for all, rest is crap imo, im not impressed with this new stuff, maybe they have made me hate how they turned there backs on old school fans so much, doesnt matter what they do i will not buy anything else from them, jasson was good, rob is good but cliff was hard to follow

Post Likes
    Say what you will...I have 4 tickets, section 108, row A, Seats 1-2-3 & 4...they're playing with Machine Head and The Sword...I'm goin and gonna enjoy every second of it!

This will be my sixth Metallica concert and every one of them kick azz!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2coolme View Post
    Say what you will...I have 4 tickets, section 108, row A, Seats 1-2-3 & 4...they're playing with Machine Head and The Sword...I'm goin and gonna enjoy every second of it!

This will be my sixth Metallica concert and every one of them kick azz!

Machine head is bad a$$!
    Very melodic, progressive, angry METAL! Kick a$$!

BTW. I got the new Metallica.
    While some of the songs are tons better than St Anger and it's nice to see the return of solos... It's production sounds like absolute sh!t!
    I mean, WTF? The sound quality is sh!tty like St. Anger. WTF do they want it to sound like they actually recorded it in a Garage?

I added it to my music library in my car-pc. Fired it up today after work. Bro in law and I were checking it out. It's sub-standard quality.

By the time And Justice... came out they started to get top notch sound quality. Drums sounded the BEST on that album for them. Bass was better. Everything was synced TIGHT. The black album and the next two albums had ok production.

I could have recorded a better quality album at home, than St. Anger or Death Magnetic. Very disappointing.

And I have been one HUGE Metallica fan since the beginning.

Post Likes
    Heavy metal is a D11R

230,000 lbs

850 HP

Post Likes
    HENDRIX.

If you weren't around, then you can't understand.

I believe he was around a tad before the word "poser" was even coined.

And as far as being old goes, beer has been around for a while too, but it's still enjoys a good following.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Catpower View Post
    Heavy metal is a D11R

230,000 lbs

850 HP
    I seen one of those the other day. Its made by carrier. Looks like a big boat anchor for a navy ship..haha

Post Likes
    those were great days back when we had Metallica all to ourselves.

one of the best bands in history and no one knew who they were because they weren't on the radio.

the problem with Metallica is they are too rich, they have too many "yes" men around them, and they don't think of music the same way they did when they were young.

Metallica was big about recording other people's concerts, then they came out pissed off everyone was using Napster.

Metallica decided to cut their hair.
    it wasn't the fact they cut their hair, it was because they all did it at the same time, which was gay.

instead of admitting they needed to change their music because they couldn't keep up the same style, they tried to pass their new crap off as better.

Metallica was always against videos, then they ate their words.
    (their fault, not ours)

Metallica was immature, playing practical on Jason Newsted, to the point of recording no bass on ...and justice for all.

Metallica became a bunch of freaks.

i will download Death Magnetic, i hope it's good, but Metallica is too out of touch with reality.

Post Likes
    OK, Metallica is obviously a great band. They have had their corporate changes just like any other great band as well. I just don't understand the title claiming that Metallica ever "ruled the world".

On most top 10 greatest bands of all times lists, Metallica is either around number eight or didn't quite make it. Eight is a fantastic achievement with so many great bands since the 1950s, but eight is not enough to rule the world.

Also, on one top 100 greatest rock songs list, no Metallica song is listed.

As for the "we had them to ourselves" bit; Led Zeppellin, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Moody Blues etc. were not mainstream radio bands until FM radio started expanding into evening hours in the 1970s.

I don't mean to demean anything here guys, but the Metallica era was not the first of anything, the best of anything and certainly not world dominating.

OK, go back to your fantasies
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in