FX-60 with Multiple N2 trunks.

Has anyone experimented with multiple n2networks on the 60?

NINAX, you were looking into it at one point. any luck?

I have done two sites, with a third very soon. One is 2 N2 trunks totalling ~80 controllers and stand-alone with graphics loaded on it - no Supervisor. The second is part of a larger installation with 3 total FX60s. One is using N2, MSTP, and Modbus, the 2nd is using 2 N2 Trunks with 90+ controllers on it, and the third is using one N2 Trunk with 60 controllers. That site has a Supervisor. Both work very well. There are some quirks with the second N2 Network though. I have noticed that some of the navigation features in the first N2 Network don't work the same on the 2nd. For example, from the N2 device manager view a double-click on a controller takes you to the point extension manager of the N2 device - this doesn't happen on the 2nd N2 network. You have to select the device in the nav tree and select the view you want. Not a big deal just one of those things to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by justjohnson View Post
    I have noticed that some of the navigation features in the first N2 Network don't work the same on the 2nd. For example, from the N2 device manager view a double-click on a controller takes you to the point extension manager of the N2 device - this doesn't happen on the 2nd N2 network. You have to select the device in the nav tree and select the view you want. Not a big deal just one of those things to get used to.
    Did you try and edit the slot sheets for those devices?

That should correct that...

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Has anyone experimented with multiple n2networks on the 60?

NINAX, you were looking into it at one point. any luck?
    Shhhhhhhhhhh!

It's just plain scary.....for the branches.

I'll email you some details.

Quote Originally Posted by justjohnson View Post
    I have done two sites, with a third very soon. One is 2 N2 trunks totalling ~80 controllers and stand-alone with graphics loaded on it - no Supervisor. The second is part of a larger installation with 3 total FX60s. One is using N2, MSTP, and Modbus, the 2nd is using 2 N2 Trunks with 90+ controllers on it, and the third is using one N2 Trunk with 60 controllers. That site has a Supervisor. Both work very well. There are some quirks with the second N2 Network though. I have noticed that some of the navigation features in the first N2 Network don't work the same on the 2nd. For example, from the N2 device manager view a double-click on a controller takes you to the point extension manager of the N2 device - this doesn't happen on the 2nd N2 network. You have to select the device in the nav tree and select the view you want. Not a big deal just one of those things to get used to.
    Cool, That is good to know. Sounds like they may still have some bugs with the appliance. But thats ok with me . I use as little of the appliance that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhh!

It's just plain scary.....for the branches.

I'll email you some details.
    Thanks, I would like to see your data.

NINAX,
    Could you clarify your comment a little? I have had success using more than one N2 trunk. I've only loaded them up with 2 trunks - Resource-wise the FX60 doesn't seem to be working too hard so I'd imagine you could use more if there was a supervisor involved to do most of the UI functionality. If you have had issues with this type of integration I'd like to know, as I am planning on putting in quite a few of these in the next few months and as everyone knows the FX product is FAR superior to the NAE, N30, or whatever else JCI can come up with.

You two need to talk. All I can say is WOW.