Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudd75 View Post
    I'm just finishing up school in Jan, from Mass...very excited to break into the field..any suggestions for new people in the field?
    Learn something new every day. (this goes for old people in the field as well)

Now that it is nearing winter I am in hardcore study mode. I need into the Ed. forums!

Quote Originally Posted by catcher View Post
    Now that it is nearing winter I am in hardcore study mode. I need into the Ed. forums!
    You’ve got the required post count so apply for professional membership here.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

I too am fairly new to HVAC-3 years. I love making people comfortable. People are most often very appreciative of the work we do. Provided that it's done correctly and in a timely manner. It'll be a long time before they make a machine to take the place of refrigeration and heating technicians.

Hello all

Quote Originally Posted by CanDO98 View Post
    Hello all
    I'm normally not this chatty but hello to you also.

Let's see, I think that's 12 posts?

Morning all.

Logged in here just to check pro membership status and hopefully be able to cruise technical forums. Still no status update.

No early morning work today so just thought I'd glean some technical info.

Now while I am ordinarily impatient anyway, I read and understand the forum qualifications and procedures for one to be allowed into the technical forums, but hey, come on, is there no time line at all? A week? A month? Only during a leap year?

OK, the "acceptance committee" are all volunteers, so get more volunteers maybe?

Anyway, all others in similar limbo can now breathe a collective sigh of relief, I've vented for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by yucan2 View Post
    Morning all.

Logged in here just to check pro membership status and hopefully be able to cruise technical forums. Still no status update.

No early morning work today so just thought I'd glean some technical info.

Now while I am ordinarily impatient anyway, I read and understand the forum qualifications and procedures for one to be allowed into the technical forums, but hey, come on, is there no time line at all? A week? A month? Only during a leap year?

OK, the "acceptance committee" are all volunteers, so get more volunteers maybe?

Anyway, all others in similar limbo can now breathe a collective sigh of relief, I've vented for us all.
    Membership Committee has some additional load on them right now, but they are working as hard as they can. For more information...

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=534272

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Membership Committee has some additional load on them right now, but they are working as hard as they can. For more information...

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=534272
    Thanks for the response. BTW, I just noticed that someone from the committee actually visited my profile a few days ago.

Could that possibly be a light at the end of the tunnel? Oh no!!! It's a train!

I'm a semi-old guy,52 only 30 years in the field, was looking for tech info and all I can find is this? I'm kinda new to this site,maybe I'm looking in the wrong area

it take pro membership = 15 or 25 post + application form + $$$ + ........

there is a sticky on home page or somewhere
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeman59 View Post
    I'm a semi-old guy,52 only 30 years in the field, was looking for tech info and all I can find is this? I'm kinda new to this site,maybe I'm looking in the wrong area
    Welome to HVAC-Talk cafeman59.

Access to the Professional forums...where most of the tech info is...requires that you have Pro Status. here's a link about applying for it:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=116113

For now, scroll way down to the open forums like General Discussion, Residential HVAC, Commercial HVAC, Refrigeration & Icemaking, etc. and get your post count up by joining in the discussions.

Variable Frequency Drives

Quote Originally Posted by LARRIEMENDOZA View Post
    Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)...how do we use it to save electric & gas energy for Hot Water supply and Air Handlers? Can we use VFD's on single phase motors?
    Yes! If you want more info just let me know.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast