RP404a switching relay replacement?

This might be one for the old guys. I have a Honey well RP404a 1004 2switching relay that looks bad. Would I replace with RP670A 1019? Also, can you tell me a little about switching pressures? The 404a has on the front 3psi and 13psi. Why two pressures?

I"ll forward a guess . . 3psi cutout, 13psi cutin... is this out of a freezer or freeze rail??

The RP 670 A 1019 switches at 13 and 17 PSI and is a SPDT relay to match what you replaced should be a RP 670 A 1001 switches at 3 and 7 psi ( HONEYWELLS famous Kind of SORT of REPLACEMENT THEORY )

The switching on your old relay is that at when you have 0 to 3 PSI at port 3 ports 6 & 7 are connected and 8 is blocked , when there is 13 psi at port 3 ports 8 & 7 are connected and port 6 is blocked.

Thanks for your reply Control Man! It as been a while since I worked with this type of control. Inside of these old pneumatic cabinates can be alittle confusing. My building was built in sections over 20 years. It has everthing from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Glad to have helped out , on a side note I have replaced many with the KMC RCC 1009 as they are adjustable and you can dial them in to the desired switching pressures

The Honeywell RP471A10012 is also an adjustable setpoint SPDT relay.

The RP471A10012 are not a common IN STOCK item in many areas ( again HONEYWELLS idea ) , I carry a few of the KMC relays in the truck , saves a return trip

What do you mean "again Honeywell's idea"? If you can't get it, you don't have a good distributor in yoiur area, but there are plenty who sell pneumatics nationally. They are not a product that is restricted by Honeywell.

The distributor who does not STOCK it in my area is the local HONEYWELL PARTS dept , factory branch.

It is their "IDEA" not to stock it , can get it from their warehouse but thats 6 days ( only 4 hours away ).

Anyway post is not a WHIZZIN contest about HONEYWELL , my situation may not be the same as yours as we are in different parts of North America,

Original poster asked for INFO and he received some.