Contractor Certification

Can someone help me with finding the following:

Contractor:
    • A reputable third party HVAC Certification.
    • Is NATE good? (I have concerns when I search NATE and the contractor lists themselves as "Carrier,Trane, etc" as a good contractor would I not choose the product that works best and not lock myself into a particular manufacturer?)

Products:
    • A list of HVAC BMP
    • Comparison list of Energy Star ratings

OK, let me put it this way I am looking for a good HVAC CONSULTANT not a Contractor to review my house and tell me what I need, prepare a design guide/plan and I take that/or with the consultant put out to bid. What I am not expecting or maybe I should is someone to come to my house and go you need a XXX-XXX have a nice day. I want an analysis, leak test, you need to add move vents, redo all duct work, infra-red whatever. But I am back in the same spot as I am not sure what a good consultant certification would be?

If it matters I have a 50 year old 2000 square foot house that I am for all intensive purposes making as efficient as possible. i.e. rainwater harvesting, solar, Computer controlled HVAC, irrigation, grey water etc. I realize there is a cost to this but in my experience the ROI is worth it.

Thank you

Do a search on this site for member "dan sw fl".

You want an engineer first, an HVAC company second.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?