Confused Mini Split info ? for the PRO's

I'm sitting here doing a load cal on a 23 x 18 addition, using a dual zone Fujitsu heat pump.

The lower room is no problem as it is only one room, the upper level is a Bedroom with a Bath in the corner ( one outside wall ). Im concerned about the heating of the bathroom where we get some serious cold weather here in the nor east.

I could use the "Aireshare" air transfer package to move air to the bathroom.

I thought I remember seeing a mini split evaporator that had provisions for one 6 inch take off, either on the backside or the end. I just dont remember now.

Is there a unit like this or was I dreaming ? If there is, what brand is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by BURL-REF View Post
    I'm sitting here doing a load cal on a 23 x 18 addition, using a dual zone Fujitsu heat pump.

The lower room is no problem as it is only one room, the upper level is a Bedroom with a Bath in the corner ( one outside wall ). Im concerned about the heating of the bathroom where we get some serious cold weather here in the nor east.

I could use the "Aireshare" air transfer package to move air to the bathroom.

I thought I remember seeing a mini split evaporator that had provisions for one 6 inch take off, either on the backside or the end. I just dont remember now.

Is there a unit like this or was I dreaming ? If there is, what brand is it ?
    The duct takeoff on a ductless unit will probably not give you what you want. The blowers are not designed to handle much static pressure (resistance to the air flow) as you would have in a duct of any length and even more so with flex duct.

What is the BTU requirement of the bathroom and the bedroom? Fujitsu has three and four zone setups. Would one of those not work? Why not use one of their ducted units and feed both rooms?

What does your contractor say about this?

The total load for the second floor including the bath is 7,462 -clg, and 5,345 -htg for the total floor. I didnt have access to the second floor as the builder didnt open the existing hallway up as yet. I wasn't about to set up an extension ladder to gain access, and the plans were'nt available today.

The bath requires 1,200 btu's for heating. based on an avg 8 linear feet of exposed wall.

I'm just asking for the manufacturer that has the option of a take off, on their wall mount mini splits.

Thank's