Thread: Please look at these pictures

Post Likes

Please look at these pictures

and tell me if cold air should be blowing out of the space where the coolant line enters the furnace?

Thanks in advance!

Attachment 8980

Attachment 8981

Post Likes
    line should be insulated along with the txv. entry holes should be sealed.

Post Likes
    No pookie on the tape? that particular tape will be coming loose in a week if not less.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes

Thanks...and another question

I read in a thread the other day that Lennox does not put txv's on their 13 SEER units. As you can see in the pictures, there is a TXV on my G61MPV furnace which is paired with the XP13 heat pump. Is this somehow detrimental?

Should I ask my contractor to come back and insulate the coolant line/txv and seal the holes?

Post Likes

What is pookie?

They also used this tape to seal all the insulation on my rigid ducts! Am I in trouble?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1894House View Post
    They also used this tape to seal all the insulation on my rigid ducts! Am I in trouble?

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    I read in a thread the other day that Lennox does not put txv's on their 13 SEER units. As you can see in the pictures, there is a TXV on my G61MPV furnace which is paired with the XP13 heat pump. Is this somehow detrimental?

Should I ask my contractor to come back and insulate the coolant line/txv and seal the holes?

that unit should have the txv, just have them take care of insulating and sealing.

Post Likes
    I used to hate being pookie man on big jobs

Post Likes

Post Likes

Should the pookie...

be applied only over the tape on the furnace joint or should it be applied to all the taped insulation too?

Post Likes
    be applied only over the tape on the furnace joint or should it be applied to all the taped insulation too?

Well anywhere we apply tape on duct work or were air travels we apply pookie or duct seal or mastic what ever you want to call it, pookie really is an old a/c term for the stuff maybe only known by folks in the trade.

Post Likes
    The coolant line is insulated up to the bend in the line (where the black tape ends in the pic). Should it be insulated further...up to the point that it enters the furnace? The copper line that leads to the txv is not isulated at all...if it needs to be insulated, does it need to be insulated up to the furnace also?

I just got off the phone with my contractor...he is coming this afternoon to remedy the situation. I'll talk to him about sealing the tape while he is here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in