yet another optiview question.....

Have an eight year old YK with optiview panel. Machine needed bearing replacement. When power was re-energized, panel had lost it's setpoints. Reloaded setpoints but couldn't set time and date. Book says time and date function along with setpoint data, history, etc are loaded on the BRAM chip. Ordered BRAM chip and installed same. Used procedure outlined in manual to load info on blank chip. No dice. Machine runs but still has Alzheimers.

I'm clueless. Anybody else got one?

First, is it a VSD chiller? If so, you have to get the daily password from York to log into "admin" to make the changes. You have to give them the # off the chip on the ACC board if my memory is correct.
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

When you installed the new BRAM, you have to put in the code "0228" to install the sales order info. If you close (finalize) it before you get all the info in, then you have to call York to get admin password.

yeah, I tried the 0228 password to load the new blank BRAM chip, as per the service instructions. After a lot of whining, some one from York tech support told me the motherboard was not communicating with the BRAM. They don't mind selling me thousands of dollars worth of parts as long as they don't have to provide tech support if you're not a York employee.
    At any rate, I'm headed back on Monday to install the new motherboard. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your response.

Your going to get different board. The new one won't have a flash card.

Yep , found that out the hard way. Picked up the latest optiview service book to set the jumpers and dip switches since they're all different. Any other suggestions? I'm all ears ( well, eyes anyway....)

Sticker Head! You ever heard of a place called trailer hill south of San Antonio?

Success!!!
    Installed new motherboard, Progammed same. Machine ran. Cycled power off and on. Machine did not lose it's mind.( Retained settings in memory.)
    Thanks stickerhead.

Quote Originally Posted by poppop View Post
    yeah, I tried the 0228 password to load the new blank BRAM chip, as per the service instructions. After a lot of whining, some one from York tech support told me the motherboard was not communicating with the BRAM. They don't mind selling me thousands of dollars worth of parts as long as they don't have to provide tech support if you're not a York employee.
    At any rate, I'm headed back on Monday to install the new motherboard. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your response.
    What is your email? Cannot find it in your profile.
    I like to get your old board to learn.

I've updated my profile so you can email me. Sorry, no longer have the old board. S@#*canned it since York doesn't have a buyback program.