Choosing a thermostat

I would like to hear some different suggestions on a recommended thermostat for my new system.
    I have a 2 stage compressor with a VS furnace. I’ve been told the Honeywell IAQ YTH9421 would be one of the best stats to control my system, but I was wondering if there were other options out there that may be a little less expensive. Anyone have comments on White-Rodgers, models?

The main feature I was looking forward to on the Honeywell is the ability to run the fan at a low speed and decrease humidity. The ability to control a 2 stage a/c is also needed. The Honeywell is the only model that has been mentioned to me, and I don’t mind paying for it as long as folks feel it’s really worth the price.

Thanks for your help.

You could down scale down to a VisionPro TH8320, but if you don't have enough wire in the wall, and will be hard to pull a new set of wire, then you are going to pay as much as a IAQ would cost you.

Is your system going to A/C only or Heat Pump? Model # of the Outdoor unit?

Pulling additional wire should not be an issue.

The system will be a/c only, no heat pump.

The model number of the outdoor unit is: Goodman SSX16 0601A

the IAQ is gonna be your best solution to slow the blower down

honeywell also makes a 8000 t-stat that dehumidifies

but the 8000 does not slow the blower down, it actually cools to dehumidify which can lead to unwanted overcooling!

carrier makes a thermidistat that slows the blower down, i will see if i can get you the model# of the stat

The VisionPro TH8320 will work, as mention, you will loose the blower slow down if the humidity is high.

I am sure the Carrier stat will cost just as much as the IAQ would.

I am not sure if you are/do have a humidifier, the IAQ can control that, HRV (Air Exchanger) if you have one.