condensing temp 90f
    condenser temp rise 8f
    saturation temp 60'f
    wetbulb 74f
    superheat 6f
    Subcooling 2f
    Evaporator Temp 80f in 75f out = 5f Temp drop

non of this data is helping me come to a conclusion
    all R22 has been reclaimed and nitrogen flush, recharged with the same results.

Fan is set on Medium, on this small 1/4 motor. Not sure of CFM but can't be any more then 400cfm

I am thinking the evap might be flooding (to large of an fixed orfice?) unit is 15-20 years old. DO not know past history

Post Likes
    Mr. Xavier, it's fairly obvious you have some skills based on your posted data... but alas this is not the arena for DIY help.

You'll find a ton of professional help if you re-register and qualify as a professional in the technical area.

See you on the other side -

BTW --- at 15-20 yrs old, the Smithsonian might be interested

Post Likes
    this is not a DIY

I recognize this is the wrong forum, I am just below the requirements for the pro forum. I am returning to this call tomorrow and was looking for some input before returning, it appears that a lot of the units in this apartment building have piss poor cooling now, and my company has the luxury of dealing with it (sigh)

also the fact that its older is the real issue here, however these apartments are a cluster @#$#@$ the outdoor units are installed in the wall which you access from the living room, and the evap coils are part if an airhandler that does water heating, using a polaris waterheater. to which the damn air handler is installed directly ontop of the waterheater making any kind of change out one big PITA

My last resort with the approval of the Building Owners are to install a ductless split cooling the livingroom and kitchen. eliminating the duct system all together for cooling

Post Likes
    depending on what kind of freedom you have, maybe a TXV would be a good idea.
    If at first you don't succeed; charge, charge, charge again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xavieryz View Post
    this is not a DIY

I recognize this is the wrong forum, I am just below the requirements for the pro forum. I am returning to this call tomorrow and was looking for some input before returning, it appears that a lot of the units in this apartment building have piss poor cooling now, and my company has the luxury of dealing with it (sigh)

also the fact that its older is the real issue here, however these apartments are a cluster @#$#@$ the outdoor units are installed in the wall which you access from the living room, and the evap coils are part if an airhandler that does water heating, using a polaris waterheater. to which the damn air handler is installed directly ontop of the waterheater making any kind of change out one big PITA

My last resort with the approval of the Building Owners are to install a ductless split cooling the livingroom and kitchen. eliminating the duct system all together for cooling
    All you need is one more post and you can apply for Pro status!
    Stuart
    Lack of airflow destroys compressors.

Post Likes
    installed TXV on the system today and I am happy to report I manage to squeeze out a 12f temp drop out of this pos.

The Pressures are making alot more sense and for this system.

So 1 down only 35 more crappy units to take care in this apartment complex.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xavieryz View Post
    installed TXV on the system today and I am happy to report I manage to squeeze out a 12f temp drop out of this pos.

The Pressures are making alot more sense and for this system.

So 1 down only 35 more crappy units to take care in this apartment complex.
    Do I get the credit?!
    I'll send you the bill.
    If at first you don't succeed; charge, charge, charge again.

Post Likes
    hahah Thanks Mech Head

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in