+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working in Afganistan/KBR

Post Likes

Question Working in Afganistan/KBR

Want any info from anyone who has worked in Afganistan or with KBR???
    Working conditions and is money worth it?? Any info appreciated

Post Likes
    KBR Website?
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    kbrjobs.com

Post Likes
    goto kbrjobs.com then find LOGCAP.
    It's an adventure just getting to be able to go. You will need to be prepared to spend up to 4 weeks (I was 3) in Houston, Texas. They give you a place to stay with meals. You will go throgh 1 week of Indoc, med tests and training. If you pass the tests, includes the dreaded WABI test(workplace attitude behavioural inventory) your pretty much set to go. 1 question to watch out for "do you ever lie". The only answer is yes(if you want to go), everybody lies. That test tries to trick you up, it asks the same questions numerous times, different ways. Be sure to think about every answer. And no, you do not sky dive. (it shows you as a risk taker).
    The money issue is one ou need to decide on your own. I make more money in Canada however I went for the adventure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dug1fresh View Post
    Want any info from anyone who has worked in Afganistan or with KBR???
    Working conditions and is money worth it?? Any info appreciated
    You can also try MEP Jobs - we are in the process of bringing most of their non-US, HVAC-related jobs onto our site. You can search by company from our home page - just click the 'Search Company' tab.

Good luck!

JeffatMEPJobs

Post Likes
    I did a year in Kandahar,what do you want to know?Will you like it after a couple months?..No.You will hate it.
    What kind of equipment will you really work on?JUNK
    What will you most likely do 12 hours a day seven days a week?Pressure wash all day everyday with dimwits that will be your bosses.
    The question is...Are you desperate?

Post Likes

UAPLUMBER - WABI Question

Hello,

I have been scheduled to take a Wabi prior to going to Houston at a Pearson Vue testing center. I am a little scared because this seems like something I could over-think and end up failing.

I get the whole 'I like to work with people, I don't sky dive' thing but are there other questions that you recall or could comment on? The 'do you lie question' threw me because I probably would have said 'no' --- yes, everyone embellishes from time to time, but isn't lying kind of a bad thing?

Any information you or others could provide would be really helpful. I can't believe after all I've gone through to get this job that I could get disqualified for this! Also, I have read mixed reviews on the pass/fail rate of the WABI-- one post said 2% another post said more like 40% fail. Thoughts?

Best,

Suzanne

Post Likes
    I don't know if i did this right-- new to the forum. But I asked some questions above the WABI test. Thank you for any insight or response you can provide. Best, S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in