Thread: Advice on these Bryant systems.

Post Likes

Advice on these Bryant systems.

I'm in the process of building a house and need some advice on the HVAC equipment. Our builder is proposing to use:

Bryant Legacy RN Air Conditioner - 113RNA060-G

Bryant Legacy Li Oil Burner - 369AA036090

We live in Northeast and our electricity prices are some of the hghest in the country. Any help or thoughts on this equipment would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    The oil furnace is OK, that's the cheapest Bryant A/C. Only flaw I see is a 3 ton blower and a 5 ton A/C. That won't work! Also many would suggest going R410a over R22.

Post Likes
    That's the system they included in the base price. For an upcharge a Bryant Hybird system:

Bryant A/C - 288ANA060-B

Bryant- 355CAV060080

I really don't know much about any of this. Our new house will be approx 4800 sq/ft, and I'm looking for some long term energy efficiency. Hence, the interest in th GEO.

Thoughts

Post Likes
    Is the CAV LP or natural gas?

Something seems fishy. I would guess your summers are mild but winters are cold. If a 74,000 BTU furnace can heat the house, seems funny to need a 5 ton A/C. Also seems strange to have that furnace in a 4800 sq ft house.

We use that size all the time, mostly in existing 2500-2700 sq ft homes and usually they cool great on 2.5 to 3 tons. I'd have a LONG chat with the dealer on how they arrived at sizing! And certainly don't go with the base furnace with 3 ton blower and 5 ton A/C.

The CAV is a great furnace but I'd only want it with the Infinity control to fully take advantage of the 3 stages of heat.

Post Likes
    113 with a wrong sized blower to a 288 is a big jump. I would get some clarification.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Is the CAV LP or natural gas?

Something seems fishy. I would guess your summers are mild but winters are cold. If a 74,000 BTU furnace can heat the house, seems funny to need a 5 ton A/C. Also seems strange to have that furnace in a 4800 sq ft house.

We use that size all the time, mostly in existing 2500-2700 sq ft homes and usually they cool great on 2.5 to 3 tons. I'd have a LONG chat with the dealer on how they arrived at sizing! And certainly don't go with the base furnace with 3 ton blower and 5 ton A/C.

The CAV is a great furnace but I'd only want it with the Infinity control to fully take advantage of the 3 stages of heat.
    Its LP. And I should probably clarify that the first two floors are 3960 sq/ft, with approx 1000 sq/ft of finished basement. Not sure if that matters, but I suspect the basement takes less to heat and cool.

For the hybrid, the HVAC contractor is proposing the Evolution Control Zone System. Is that the same as the Infinity?

And thank you for all the info and help

Post Likes
    Another question. I went and looked at the equipment at one of the other houses in the development, and the AC had the same model number but with an 'F' at the end instead of the 'G'. What's the difference.

And the furnace in the other house was model 369AAN - Is that different then 369AA036090?

Thanks

Post Likes
    The F & G are minor changes made that only Carrier knows about!

The AAN would be the model, without the N must be a typo.

Again, the 3 ton blower on that oil furnace would not be right to use with the 5 ton A/C.

And I'm still wondering why a house that can heat with a smaller furnace in a cold climate needs 5 tons of cooling!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in