Thread: Texas furnace Co

Post Likes

Texas furnace Co

I was just curious, who is Texas furnace company?

My wifes brother just bought a one year old home in Utah, the condensing unit says Texas furnace co, made in China. The unit is pretty crappy and has a wobbly looking plastic fan blade in it.

I peeked up into the attic to take a look at the furnace, man what a mess. One of the typical installs we would see on the WOS. I was however surprised to see that it did cool the house quite well.

Post Likes
    http://www.texasfurnace.com/

Didn't know the A/Cs were made in China, only seen one at a trade show and the guy in the booth was freaking out since I had a camera in my hand

They are selling the same A/C (and their furnaces) to Weil-McLain.

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Maybe it is the same quatro furnace from the past. They were not the best.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    I checked out their website, I was just surprised to never hear of them before, I cant recall when anyone on this site has mentioned them either.

The data label on the c/u said made in china, it also has that same fan motor that Goodman has switched to (Broad ocean motor) and a scroll comp.

Next time I go up I'll get some pics of the furnace, not a very pretty site!

Post Likes
    The furnaces are the old Consolidated technology. They bought the design when Consolidated went belly up.

Are Broad Ocean motors bad? Nordyne is using their ECMs in the new furnace line. While I don't see reliability in GE/Regal Beloit fixed speed motors, their ECMs do very well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Maybe it is the same quatro furnace from the past. They were not the best.
    Not an exact copy but, real close. They have the worst evap. coils on the planet. But, I think we know that already. I met the owner a few years ago. Nice guy, bad product.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The furnaces are the old Consolidated technology. They bought the design when Consolidated went belly up.

Are Broad Ocean motors bad? Nordyne is using their ECMs in the new furnace line. While I don't see reliability in GE/Regal Beloit fixed speed motors, their ECMs do very well.
    I dont know if the Broad Ocean motors are bad or not, haven't had much experience with them. The last couple of Goodman pack units I installed had them, I guess we'll see how they hold up.

Post Likes
    What name do they sell their coils under?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Not an exact copy but, real close. They have the worst evap. coils on the planet. But, I think we know that already. I met the owner a few years ago. Nice guy, bad product.
    I thought they were owned by Big Tex.

Post Likes
    What name do they sell their coils under?
    I tried to forget . They make that coil/plenum thing, that only one out of a hundred didn't leak. At one time they were making their own condensers. Can't say if they still do. I'll try calling Bill later to see if he remembers the name they sell their coils under.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I thought they were owned by Big Tex.
    That's what I thought too but, pretty sure they're not. Could it have been Texfan?

Post Likes
    I hear you boys rumble about a plenum coil named Allstyle? Fortunately not sold up this way

Post Likes
    I hear you boys rumble about a plenum coil named Allstyle? Fortunately not sold up this way
    Yep, that's the one. Allstyle. I tried to forget that name.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in