Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok so where do I send the money?

Thanks

Rofl.

I call em the way I see em.
    Weather I'm wearing my glasses or not.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by codeslinger View Post
    Seems would also be a major issue with ducting them in parallel rather than just putting one under the air handler. I would not have the room for that so guess I'm sol on that arrangement.
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/attachm...9&d=1197397265

If your getting a Infinity furnace it should come with a 4" filter rack that is provided with the furnace. Carrier brand or a honeywell brand filter will fit nicely in the rack, also your installer should leave you with a 4" filter with either a merv 8 or 12 filter. So you really should not be having to ask this question. Talk to your installer and ask him what filter and rack he is going to put in, and it should be the standard 4" filter rack with a 4" filter.

I am installing a Carrier Infinity 4 ton zoned system and mostly new ductwork in an older home and would appreciate some media filter suggestions. I do not want anything mechanical or ozone producing.

I do want something with a high MERV rating that does not drop the static pressure beyond acceptable limits and where the media filters are reasonable cost. I would like something better than the Carrier EZ-Flex if compatible with this system. My installer recommended Air Bear but they seem to not have an especially high MERV rating.

Is the Lennox HC16, which I have heard great things about here, a suitable choice to go with this unit and would not drop air flow too much?

Dynamic, AprilAire, others?

Btw, what is the filter size usually for the Carrier 4 ton Infinity?

Thanks! This forum has been quite helpful...
    Ozone type electronic filter systems are re-washable.
    One use replaceable type top quality air cleaner filter system replacements are somewhat expensive.

You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    There's no pride of ownership with any of my postings. Air conditioning contractors are often times like financial advisors; line a 100 of them up and you'll get 100 different recommendations.

But on this site you do get some folks that consisiantly give advice that a reasonable person should consider qualified. Albeit over the internet.
    I have to confess to sometimes trying to get a 100 different answers to sort out what is best or what I want to do. So nice to have you folks make great suggestions that I can think about to sort out what is best for my situation and things I had not thought of or did not know! Thanks so much!

the aircleaner you want in the house depends on how bad allergies in the house are. if you have severe allergies buy an electronic aircleaner with uv lite. if not a regular media filter will be fine. overall it depends on how clean you want your air. also remember the aircleaners not working if the blowers not runnin

The "Carrier Infiniity Air Cleaner" is one of the best air cleaners on the market. it will fit your furnace and will be monitored by the infinity controler

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    The "Carrier Infiniity Air Cleaner" is one of the best air cleaners on the market. it will fit your furnace and will be monitored by the infinity controler
    Ditto!

Indeed, I am seriously considering getting that one! Must one buy the Carrier filters or are there decent 3rd party filter for the media filter? I understand the media filter has some special electric attachment to it. Can anyone give the details on that as well? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rponson View Post
    Add another vote!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Indeed, I am seriously considering getting that one! Must one buy the Carrier filters or are there decent 3rd party filter for the media filter? I understand the media filter has some special electric attachment to it. Can anyone give the details on that as well? Thanks again!
    You'll need the Carrier filter,as far as I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12