Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    also another way to adapt the wirsbo to "pex" fitting that you could get at home depot,is to buy the crimp ring tool they sell at home depot and use the metal ring they sell. ive seen some people do this and it works. But every pex type has there own ring/expansion ring adapter type witch comply s to there warren tee. so you have to buy there sepecial tool to do this, my wirbo expander and all the different size heads are close to a grand, that keeps you to keep using there product and no one else, the pex that home depot sells isnt good and dosent have a vapor barrier, but you "can" use there fittings and rings and there tool to connect everything is like 100 bucks and just use the wirsbo tubing
    you may be better off to install the copper

Quote Originally Posted by PLUMBERHVACTECH View Post
    also another way to adapt the wirsbo to "pex" fitting that you could get at home depot,is to buy the crimp ring tool they sell at home depot and use the metal ring they sell. ive seen some people do this and it works. But every pex type has there own ring/expansion ring adapter type witch comply s to there warren tee. so you have to buy there sepecial tool to do this, my wirbo expander and all the different size heads are close to a grand, that keeps you to keep using there product and no one else, the pex that home depot sells isnt good and dosent have a vapor barrier, but you "can" use there fittings and rings and there tool to connect everything is like 100 bucks and just use the wirsbo tubing
    you may be better off to install the copper
    PLUMBERHVACTECH, this is pretty much like saying it's ok to use duct tape and bailing wire with copper because it's cheaper. Some things are designed to go together, like peanut butter and jelly....steak and eggs....fish and chips.....

True there is marketing that goes along with the special tools, but a Uponor fitting on a Viega or REHAU piping system is not necessarily a good idea. I'm just sayin'

yah, thats why i said hes better off going with the copper, theres 2 bigger companies around here that use the uponor system with the viega fittings so when they plumb domestic water they can use the viega tube, viegas heat alumapex for heat is allot more than the uponor/wirsbo, around here anyways. so no its not rite and i dont do it,

I feel that Pex is the way to go. Nobody steals the stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12