Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Well, I know the info is a little outdated, but I found the 2005 matchup info, you would want to look at the TUY080R9V3 data with the 4TTX6036B1 performance data. Although the only thing is, they show recommended coils from 2-1/2 ton to 3-1/2, but no 4 ton coils. Like I said, this is older data though.

http://www.trane.com/webcache/un/spl...2_03012005.pdf

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    70 good, 80 bad.
    A lot of 2 stage are between 75 and 80 in first stage.

Low air flow removes more moisture.
    High air flow removes less.

You can use plan c.
    Have contractor come back and install 3 ton coil.

When looking at sensible and latent for low or high stage:

1.Low stage is often running at less then design outdoor temps,the cooler outdoor will,with increase the latent capacity as a percentage of total.

2.If the the latent and sensible you are looking at is at 80F indoors,you need to derate that for the actual indoor temp. that it's being run at.Derating decreases sensible and increases the latent.

3.Are the rating at the lowest cfms the system may be running at to dehumidify in low stage?If not lower cfms would decrease sensible and increase latent.

Unit just came on line 1 Hour Ago

New system just came on-line and is cooling house from 84* toward 74*. I'll post back in a few days to see how it goes humidity wise. So far, roughly 6* drop in 45 minutes and T803 humidity reads 40%. Its 90* outside....

For what its worth, the wiring for a xL16i, T803 tstate, and XV95 furnace has a special diagram that doesn't match whats in furnace manual. It does match the T803 manual and require changing hidden settings in tstat. IMHO, very easy for a tech to get wrong......

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    When looking at sensible and latent for low or high stage:

1.Low stage is often running at less then design outdoor temps,the cooler outdoor will,with increase the latent capacity as a percentage of total.

2.If the the latent and sensible you are looking at is at 80F indoors,you need to derate that for the actual indoor temp. that it's being run at.Derating decreases sensible and increases the latent.

3.Are the rating at the lowest cfms the system may be running at to dehumidify in low stage?If not lower cfms would decrease sensible and increase latent.
    The extended specs for York show the increase and decrease of sensible and latent capacities at ID temps down to 75, and OD temps from 65 to 125.
    And with different CFM's.

The larger coils don't decrease sensible as quick as the smaller coils. So they tend to have maintain a high SHR.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

hows that humidity?

wraujr,I been following post,was curious how you made out?

New System and Humidity

Well system has been on line for three weeks, just in time for cooler weather. When system runs (76* set), the humidity is 42 - 46% and pleasant. But now the OD temps are in mid 70's and AC doesn't need to run (and I'm not using over-cooling). So humidity has risen to 45-48% (humidity readings from T803 tsat). Bottom line, is if no call for AC, humidity rises.....

Now here's the problem (and its a human one). Until visiting this website and fretting over 3 ton condensor with 4 ton coil, I never THOUGHT about humidity except during winter. So, I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE if the numbers I gave above are better, worse, or the same than with old system. It was only after reading IAQ dicussions that I began taking notice. I will admit, ignorance is bliss.....

I have no reason to doubt what some of the pros have stated about decreased humidity removal with larger coil, BUT since I never paid attention before, who knows what my old numbers were. Just to show how humans work, I mentioned all this to co-worker and the next Monday he comes in talking about he noticed his humidity was high so he turned on AC. He has also been in his house for 15 years and never thought about humidity.

I do like the XV95 from a blower prespective, the VS ECM is so quiet when it comes on and goes off its much different than the old AC motor. With system running mostly in 1st stage, the unit is very quiet.

One other note, last weekend neighbor showed me their unit (3 months old and larger house), and I noticed its 4 ton OD with 5 ton coil. This was done by different contractor. So I guess its not uncommon.

Are you comfortable at a higher indoor temp.
    If not, your probably not maintaining a lower RH.
    You find out next summer.
    Contractor locator map

Be grateful you are not getting the fresh air you should be. With proper fresh air and no a/c load, you would have a damp house. What a way to live. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

"Are you comfortable at a higher indoor temp."

Only running at 76* which was old setpoint. The problem with answering that is I'll never know because I just never paid attention to humidity during summer, just watched temp so I don't have a comparison point. And with human nature being what it is, NOW I'm always looking at humistat and saying to myself "does it feel sticky"... On the one day it hit 92* / +90%RH, the house was a comfortable 76*/44%RH so at this point it appears to be fine. We'll know more next summer.

On another note, since I have CleanEffects and two floors, one zone with a temp difference, I tried running the blower at the 33% mode to increase circulation. The VS ECM blower is fairly quiet. In that situation, I can confirm that humidity levels will go up. In my case, the levels went up 2 - 3% but I only ran for 2 days before I convinced myself I didn't want that.

IMHO, having thought about it, tried a few things, and going thru a few weeks of the "middle" temps. If humidity bothers you then a whole house dehumidifer is the way to go because it removes the mositure WITHOUT removing the heat, so temp stays balanced while humidity goes down.....Thats just a non-pro opinion....

One more thing on humidity, XV95 furnace is set for 3 minute blower delay after end of cool. I realize this is to get the last bit of cooling out of coil, but is it also to dry the coil to prevent "dirty sock syndrome"??? Could humidity be helped by reducing this delay to say 1.5 minutes??? what would be the pros/cons of this???

It will help to keep the humidity lower.
    If your drain pan doesn't drain properly. Its more water sitting in a dark cool area.
    Contractor locator map

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234