oil volume testing

What is the best way to check oil % in a system?
    I have a McQuay ALS 425A with 2 comps D.O.A. I would like to save the other 2 that had leaks I had to repair leaks and added 25% of the circut charge. McQuay is telling me that the oil is mineral but its poe,even after I give them the Part # blasted all over the unit they still insist I am wrong.

The cost of repairs to the other 2 comps is going to be close to compleat replacement so If I can Keep 2 going till that can be accomplished is my goal.

RL 68 poly oil,did you change liquid line driers.I don't believe changing 2 comps is even close to the pricetag on a 425 ton chiller.you may wnat to call in the manufacturer.

Hey Cap I agree but the 2 d.o.a.'s Have pugged coils,and never fitted with CEK's System has never had much maintenance or service in 8 years I am Not Optimistic on the last 2 comps. Comp starts tell the story

the clean up on that is pretty time consuming unless you are in the chiller changeout buisness I would at least call McQuay and see what they would charge you,but if change out is your buisness I guess there would be no reason for that.you may be able to do some tuning in the microtech to lessen the starts,good luck and have fun.