Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Christmas Day

I had a customer not pay me for work I did, Owed me $2300.00 and kept telling me he was going to pay until 45 days passed( which a lien has to be filed in Alberta) so after exhausting different avenues. The day before Christmas it got really cold and someone went over and shut off his gas and did a few more things, he phoned cops and they showed up at my place on christmas day saying they were going to lay charges of tresspassing, I told them see you in court, I bet you he wishes he just paid his bill. I have heard he is having lots of problems.
    Do it right the first time.

Karma has a way of settling those kind of debts, usually pays out on a 10 to 1 ratio. Unfortunatly you probably wont get paid, but what goes around comes around. We have been stiffed a couple of times and had signed contracts.

if the unit has a high pressure swich make it open,or short out the disconnect and trip the breaker,or short out low voltage and open the fuse on the circuit board, make it look like a service problem snd see if the call comes in.

Yah Okay

You are probably right and I wish i didn't wear my heart on my sleeves. I feel I dild good work for this guy and even when his concrete guy walked off half way through pour and got him a friend and save his ass, this is the kind of thanks I get. If I heard he was killed today, I would phone his wife and say good, 1 less SOB left.
    Do it right the first time.

Don't leave it up to installers to get signed contracts, thats what your salesman is paid for, I won't order equipment nor schedule a install with out a signed contract in the file. You should be mad at yourself for allowing it to happen, you give people and openning and you can bet your a$$ they are gonna take advantage.

Thanks again for all the responses, and especially the attorneys view! That was very helpful and I think I'll contact a local attorney to go over a new contract with me, and I'm going to have to work on some new policies..

Did you guys have your contracts professionally printed with carbonless copies for the customer and a file or is it just a piece of paper you keep?

I'm just really irate that this guy has the nerve to do this. Worst part is, we got the job through his brother, who is a church BISHOP, we quoted his job but he hasnt gotten the money together yet (at least he didnt rip us off!) so I might have been a little more trusting, even though I know sometimes people and the people around those in that position can be the worst...

(I was a funeral director for 3.5 years, I've worked with hundreds of church officials, been lied to, cussed out and downright stolen from by some)

I too believe in the whole karma thing.. My sister was high up in a large restaurant chain and briefly dated some guy who was in a similiar position, when they split up, he made it his mission to make her life hell, she eventually transferred 3 states away because of him, and he's done similiar things to people... Well, earlier this year, he fired the wrong guy, who returned and shot and killed him in the restaurant... Karma I guess....

I might also suggest that you find out were he and his wife work and pay them a visit personally. Do this several times and make it a point to tell whomever will listen the reason why you are there. Since he won't return calls I don't think this would classify as harassment. Bussiness don't like it when personal problems surface at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouwman521 View Post
    I might also suggest that you find out were he and his wife work and pay them a visit personally. Do this several times and make it a point to tell whomever will listen the reason why you are there. Since he won't return calls I don't think this would classify as harassment. Bussiness don't like it when personal problems surface at the office.
    In Texas you'd get sued for doing that. You can call work but can't even leave a message regarding bad debt.

I was told by a wise man before I opened my business that I needed three people before I started:

A good banker
    A good attorney
    A good accountant

I think his wife is a nurse but not sure where. He owns some type of construction company, which I'm sure is all under the table. I thought about calling him to get info on it and turning him into the IRS. I'm sure they'd like to know about his income...

I would love to go by there, but apparently he's a pretty big dude and I can have a short temper, from 8 years of martial arts and 2 years of competing in cage matches, so I'm sure it wouldn't end up good.

Yep, do that, and for 150 bucks, his lawyer will have you signing that he owes you nothing.
    And then can file other civil suits against you.

Check your collection laws, before you give that knid of bad advise.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by CessnaSovereign View Post

I'm just really irate that this guy has the nerve to do this. Worst part is, we got the job through his brother, who is a church BISHOP, we quoted his job but he hasnt gotten the money together yet (at least he didnt rip us off!) so I might have been a little more trusting, even though I know sometimes people and the people around those in that position can be the worst...
    Does the BISHOP know about the non paying brother?

Mabey by the "grace of God", he'll pay you what is owed. At least, he may tighten the screws on his brother.

At least, copy this thread and fax or take it to the Bishop's church.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by electrajim View Post
    Does the BISHOP know about the non paying brother?

Mabey by the "grace of God", he'll pay you what is owed. At least, he may tighten the screws on his brother.

At least, copy this thread and fax or take it to the Bishop's church.

Jim

I don't know if he knows the details or not.. I would like to think, if he is indeed a decent person, he would feel bad for my company since he is the one who referred his thieving brother to us.. I thought about calling him and asking if his brother was ok, since you know he owes me $2,000 and was supposed to pay one day and disapeared the next.. I just wanna make sure he's ok and hasn't died in a car crash or something, which is the only logical explanation as to why he hasn't called to make payment.

yea those contracts are important you just gota make sure you got everything coved on it. Its good to include on the contract that the buyer will pay your attorny fee for you if you have to bring it that far and you win

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast