Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks for the correction.....

As a test today I took the return air filters out and did another SP test....one unit came back with .99 and the other .94 according to the previous post these number are still high although the control panel doesnt say it is high. My filters were drity and I didnt have any others on hand so I blew them out with compressed air and the static pressure the went to 1.24....

Is there another filter anywhere in the system like in the AFU's in the attic or something?

If your filter was in a grill, it is possible you could have one in the unit also.

Quote Originally Posted by -459FZPE View Post
    If your filter was in a grill, it is possible you could have one in the unit also.

Yes the filters are in the return air grills.... there are 2 per unit one has 2 30X20X1 and the other has a 30X20X1 and a 20X14X1....so there are more on the units in the attic? Would this increse my SP?

Quote Originally Posted by MPNX2 View Post
    Yes the filters are in the return air grills.... there are 2 per unit one has 2 30X20X1 and the other has a 30X20X1 and a 20X14X1....so there are more on the units in the attic? Would this increse my SP?
    It is possible the unit came with a filter and it was left in at installation. It is also possible for it to raise your static pressure as it is another item restricting the air flow, especially if it is dirty. If it exists and has been there a year without being changed its very possible its dirty

Issues

The faults listed are

161 excess static pressure stagedown 15 events
    31-high pressure switch open 1 event
    32 low pressure switch open 10 events
    zone 2 airflow limited shutdown occured 2 events
    12-blower on after power up 2 events
    Some of these issues could be cause by dirty filter, but also sounds like duct sizing.
    Last edited by 21degrees; 08-26-2008 at 12:10 AM.
    Do it right the first time.

Issues

There seesm to be a lot of A/C cycles listed too:
    Power 15
    Low cool 5941
    High cool 443
    Grossly over sized or it is been a mild summer.
    Do it right the first time.

So are the GC and HVAC sub going to step up here for you?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    So are the GC and HVAC sub going to step up here for you?
    I am working on that as we speak....my GC will be by today for some other things and I will let him know then....I will keep everyone posted..

I think its been mentioned but a call to Carrier's 800 customer line is still an option. Here in Florida they respond to customer concerns quickly. If need be you might use them to inform the GC what his sub needs to correct.

Show your GC the error-faults you get on the contrrller.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    I think its been mentioned but a call to Carrier's 800 customer line is still an option. Here in Florida they respond to customer concerns quickly. If need be you might use them to inform the GC what his sub needs to correct.

Show your GC the error-faults you get on the contrrller.
    I have an appt setup with my GC and the installers in Friday...I will show them everything that I have found and go from there.....

From what I have read it seems Carrier stands behind there product and the installers are Carrier authorized...

Good Luck!

Well my GC and the HVAC company just left. The installer was able to lower the SP a bit on each unit by first looking in the Air Handlers in the attic and found some of the isulation was blocking the duct.

Also, the unit that had the higher SP had two vents closed. This helped to lower the SP a bit as well and helped with the noise. He checked the filters which were good (I replaced them before he came).

One unit he got down to right at 1.00 SP while on high. The second unit is still high at 1.12 but it is an improvement. He said that if I run one room as "unoccupied" it will help because it will use that room for more air flow.

He said that the problem is not ducting they have like 2300CFM of ductwork in the attic and he said it should be plenty. They have problems with other Infinitys too he said that have the zoning on them. He said without the zoning they work fine. The old zoning system they used had a bypass but this one does not. They call Carrier and they say to increse duct size or run some rooms "unoccupied".

One thing he notcied was on the unit that reads high it has three zones. Living Room, Nook, and Master Bed. He set it to cool all zones down to 74 and the temp was 78 the Nook and the Living Room cooled down quickly while the Master bed was only at 77 still and took a lot longer. He said that after 10 mins or so the unit will then run on high to satisfy the room. He thought this could be fixed by adding a return air duct in that room. The exsisting returns are outside the rooms in the hallway.

So I am currently running the Nook as unoccuiped in hopes it will help. Next week my GC wants an update and says he will make sure it is done right. My GC is very good about this.

So where to go from here? Another return in the Master Bedroom? That would put 3 returns on that unit... any thoughts?

On both units.
    Set the temp down 5 or 6°, so all zones are calling. Then see what your static is with all zones open.

Your statics you posted are still too high.

post what they are with all zones open.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast