Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I do get the change filiters notification and when I do get I have changed them. Its like every three months or so....

Man I am pretty upset about all of this. I guess on Monday I will be making a few phone calls. I might just call Carrier directly and see what they say.

How big should the ducts be? Is there a formula?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNX2 View Post
    I do get the change filiters notification and when I do get I have changed them. Its like every three months or so....

Man I am pretty upset about all of this. I guess on Monday I will be making a few phone calls. I might just call Carrier directly and see what they say.
    They must hve set it up for a time based notice,the tru sensing dirty filter alert,would being going off daily,with your static .

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL

How big should the ducts be? Is there a formula?
    Ask them to call Carrier,but if they don't you'll need to.

Manual D from www.acca.org is the industry standard,that should be used to redesign your duct system.They'll need to find someone to do it for them,if they can't.

A strategy that may help on all fronts might be:

get a professionally done room by room heat load

when and if it is determined that one or both systems are oversized get the correct units installed and the associated benefits
    lower operating cost
    better control
    fewer faults
    increaseed reliabilty
    reduced static but you still may need duct modifications

was that 1 20 x 30 return per system?
    Last edited by adrianf; 08-23-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    A strategy that may help on all fronts might be:

get a professionally done room by room heat load

when and if it is determined that one or both systems are oversized get the correct units installed and the associated benefits
    lower operating cost
    better control
    fewer faults
    increaseed reliabilty
    reduced static but you still may need duct modifications

was that 1 20 x 30 return per system?

Its 2 20X30 returns per system. Orignally I had 1 on each but the came and added another for the pressures.....

Where can I find someone that can do the heat loading tests?

Call around and ask. The heatload is a calculation used to determine a/c and heating system size. In addition the duct system needs to be designed to some industry standard. The method of choice for residential duct design is Manual D.

One other bright spot, depending on how you look at it is you may only need to changeout the outdoor unit.

Disclaimer: the only way to determine what actually needs done is from an on site evaluation by a competent professional.

Good luck

Editorial

The general contractor needs an invitation to this party.

I will let my GC know on Monday who I have a good relationship with. I am hoping that he will than make the appropriate calls and get this resolved....

Best of luck...

I did a full diagnostic report on a hacked new construction 500K home last winter.

GC played dumb. He might not have been playing.

HVAC contractor is dumb by evaluating his work.

My customer is screwed unless he wants to open his wallet and fix these issue on his own dime.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

We only have one installer here an they did the install I wonder how much help they will actually be....heck they didn't even set the time and date in the unit....

can I call Carrier directly?
    You can call Carrier and they can set you up with one of there "Certified Dealers". May be the right way to go although they will probably charge you as they did not install the equipment.

And you also said they were 5 tons at 21 SEER? As far as I know Carrier does not make a 21 SEER 5 ton unit....yet. I believe there highest is 16 SEER but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by -459FZPE View Post
    You can call Carrier and they can set you up with one of there "Certified Dealers". May be the right way to go although they will probably charge you as they did not install the equipment.

And you also said they were 5 tons at 21 SEER? As far as I know Carrier does not make a 21 SEER 5 ton unit....yet. I believe there highest is 16 SEER but I may be wrong.

Here is a link to the specs of the SEER 21 units...

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...infinity.shtml

I will try to get it done through my GC first before I do anything to drastic. It sucks you spend all this money for a top of the line system and get a crappy install...

Yeah it can be miss leading but the highest SEER 5 ton Infinity is gong to be 16.

The 21 SEER is the series (marketing)

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahriDir...ultSearch.aspx

you can search your system perfomance on the AHRI site.

For grins you might see if the contract actually says the units are 21 SEER. (AMMO)
    Last edited by adrianf; 08-24-2008 at 06:59 AM.

Here is a link to the specs of the SEER 21 units...

http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...infinity.shtml

I will try to get it done through my GC first before I do anything to drastic. It sucks you spend all this money for a top of the line system and get a crappy install...
    From your link: The Infinity™ central air conditioner is engineered to be the best, with our highest SEER rating (up to 21)

This is an example of good marketing tactics.
    Up to 21 SEER, The 2 ton is the only 21 SEER I believe.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast