Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trane setup ?

trane setup ?

i am getting a trane 3.5 ton system installed on monday and im shooting for a 14seer

will this setup give me a 14seer?
    4TTR4042A1 ( CONDENSOR ) 13.25 SEER? why not a 4TTR4042C 14s?
    4TXCC049 BC3HCA ( 4 TON COIL )>>>>>>>>or should it be a 4TXAC049?
    TUD1C080 A9H41B ( FURNACE )???????????

according to the wholesale place and license hvac this should give us 14seer
    any feed back would be very appreiciated thank you ...

Call them, and ask them for the ARI reference number. Then you can check on line.
    Or tell them you want to see the ARI cert, that says its a 14 SEER system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by junior1 View Post
    i am getting a trane 3.5 ton system installed on monday and im shooting for a 14seer

will this setup give me a 14seer?
    4TTR4042A1 ( CONDENSOR ) 13.25 SEER? why not a 4TTR4042C 14s?
    4TXCC049 BC3HCA ( 4 TON COIL )>>>>>>>>or should it be a 4TXAC049?
    TUD1C080 A9H41B ( FURNACE )???????????

according to the wholesale place and license hvac this should give us 14seer
    any feed back would be very appreiciated thank you ...

1229237 Active Systems XR14 TRANE 4TTR4042A1 4TXCC049BC3 *UD1C080A9H4 43000 11.50 14.00 1 RCU-A-CB

Yes, this combo gives you 14 SEER

[QUOTE= XR14 TRANE 4TTR4042A1 4TXCC049BC3 *UD1C080A9H4 43000 11.50 14.00 1 RCU-A-CB

Yes, this combo gives you 14 SEER[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for youre response. your response puts me at ease, meaning i got what i paid for a 14 seer and thats all i really nead to know on the modle numbers as they dont list some on tranes advertised modles.

i have another question for you or anyone who wishes to contribute valuable information.

a room 14 feet wide x 24 feet long should take what size of r6 flex duct?
    and how many vents should supply this room?
    this room is about 25 feet away from the coil. i measured from the farthest away wall of the 24 feet long of the room to the coil. hope that maide sense.
    this room has a big window that is 12 feet long x 5 feet tall
    this side of the house gets all the sun durring the day.

would two 10" r6 flex ducts with three way vents facing to the window be enough or to much?

thank you again for helping me out .
    junior1

i have one final question here guys if you could please give me some feed back . my hvac guy told be if i wanted my system to last me a longer time that he would recommend me to purchase bigger size coper lines, is this true?
    i was replacing old system with new system but he said he didn't quote me on new coper lines, but that he could still use the same lines. i had have 3/4 with 3/8 on high side i believe thats the ones i had. he recommended me to buy a 7/8 and of course it came with the pair of the 3/8 . was this really needed for the long life of the compressor instead of using the 3/4 lines set ? thanks guys I'm still reading on this stuff and trying to learn it but at the same time i want to make sure my hvac license guy isn't making me spend more money than what i need too.

If the manufacturer, doesn't require larger lines. Then increasing their size won't help.
    And on some installations can hurt the system.
    Contractor locator map

Trane wants 3/4" suction line with R410a 3.5 ton.

Quote Originally Posted by junior1 View Post
    my hvac guy told be if i wanted my system to last me a longer time that he would recommend me to purchase bigger size copper lines, is this true?
    If were talking 410A I think your a/c guy might be confused with "some" 410A applications and mfg. in the requirements you can even use smaller copper, I know on some RUUD applications this is true.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

been there thanks for your response. so your saying that if i did tell him to go ahead and purchase the the 7/8 line set and he installed it . this wont hurt my system nore will it affect the 14 seer that I'm suppose to get out of this combo?

BaldLoonie thanks for your response. trane does require a 3/4 line set. that being said, i could of saved some money by using the old 3/4 line set just make sure he flushed the line set because this new system is 410a correct?
    quote (Then increasing their size won't help. And on some installations can hurt the system. ) so are you saying that i might not get the seer rating that was calculated on this system? or maybe your saying that i might not have the correct pressure on the line because the line set is 7/8 and not a 3/4?

Mr Bill thank you for your response. so there is a possibility that he might be looking out for me in the long run ? but still questionable for at this point. until i get a straight answer like yes you shouldn't of gone with a bigger line set other than required by Tirane. or yes Tirane requires a 3/4 line set but installing a 7/8 line set will help the life long lasting of the compressor ?

i have another question for you guys ? when you install the a new condenser or just a new system, the condenser is already fully charged for a certain distance of 25 feet run of coper line set. at least thats what he told me and the distance of the line set was less than 25 feet or just below i didn't really measure it . he went by the guages and i think the pressures were between 200 and 300 on high side and on the low side it was around 150 or a little bit more above . he didn't add any 410 a freon at all but he did pull a vacuum for about 15 minutes before he opened the the valves on the condenser unit . does this sound right ?

thank you all again for this great info the reason i ask is because i need another system installed on my house and i was happy with the price he gave and compared to others he beat them big time hands down to this man he saved me some money but then again i want to make sure he didnt cut corners or make sure he didnt make me purchase stuff i didnt need but if the coper lines beaing a 7/8 when it actually required a 3/4 it really wont bother me much at all if what he said is true about saving money on the long run but if he did get confued and just made me spend money on something i didnt require im ok with it as long as it doesnt affect the pressures readings he got on the quages and as long as it doesnt affect the seer rating im suppose to get out of this combo im still ok with it .

thank you guys for this great feed back and if all is good then i will get the same guy for the next system when im ready

Increasing vapor line size, can have detrimental effects.

Going to 7/8" shouldn't.
    But, depending on how the line is ran, it could slow the velocity enough, to inhibit good oil return. Which can have ill effects on the compressor.
    Contractor locator map

According to Trane's refrigerant piping software, a 3/4" suction line and 3/8" liquid line is the recommended line size for a 3.5 ton unit, up to about 80 equivalent feet.
    For longer lines, it bumps up to 7/8" to avoid a small loss in capacity, but even then, 3/4 is acceptable, unless the lines are really very long.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

thanks guys for your help. i have another question about the way my air ducts were runed.

12"
    plenum ---------------- 10" room
    ac unit ---------------- 10" room

i have a stand up unit closet space for unit . will a 12" inch duct coming straight from the plenum how ever you spell it , split into two 10" flex ducts
    one for each room cool down these two rooms good enough? each room has 5 windows, allot of sunlight during the day. and both rooms are 14x15 . he installed a 12x12 box with a 4 way vent. what would of happened if he would of installed a three way vent. in the other two rooms he installed a three way vent with an 8"flex duct they are the same room sizes all four rooms are 14x15 but these two room are closer to the plenum

i assume a longer run of flex duct to a room of 14x15 will give you more pressure out the vents with an 8" flex duct and a three way vent, but one single vent will not cool down this room good enough on a long run? you would need two 8" vents off of the 12" on a long run to cool down this 14x15 room. am i correct? or will the way he did it above a 12" and splitting the 12" into two 10" one for each room and one box 12x12 and a 4 way vent for each room cool down this 5 window rooms?

The description of the rooms isn't enough to know for sure.

2 same sized rooms can be side by side, but need different air flows.
    Orientation and use determine how much air is needed.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast