+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patriotic Jello

Post Likes

Patriotic Jello

I haven't tasted it yet, but any receipe I get from my mom is usually delicious. I'm taking it to a Bible study Tuesday night, and I'll let you know what everybody thought about it.

Patriotic Jello

Ingredients

• 1 3-oz package of raspberry gelatin
    • 2 cups of boiling water
    • 1 envelope unflavored gelatin – 1 small pack Knox unflavored gelatin
    • 1/2 cup cold water
    • 1 cup half & half
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 8-oz Philadelphia cream cheese – softened
    • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
    • 1 3-oz package of raspberry gelatin
    • 1 cup boiling water
    • 1 can (21-oz) blueberry pie filling

Directions

Dissolve 1 package of raspberry gelatin in 2 cups of boiling water. Pour into a 8X8X2 deep dish or 7X9X2.7 pyrex dish or similar size. Put in the refrigerator and chill until firm—may take 3 hours.

Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water in a saucepan. Add half and half, sugar, and vanilla. Heat until gelatin is dissolved, stirring constantly, but do not boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add pecans. Cool for at least 15 minutes, and then pour over the previous layer and chill until firm.

Dissolve remaining raspberry gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water in a saucepan. Stir in the blueberry pie filling. Pour over the cream cheese layer and chill until firm.

Post Likes
    Everybody liked it, but in all honesty I didn't think it was all that great. It's good, but I think Ellies Strawberry Jello is better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in