Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trane ch 530

trane ch 530

i have trane ch 530 tech view, my computer does not have a 9 pin serial port, is there anyway to hook up to this machine
    Last edited by dfac; 08-21-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Lots of people on here will help you but without knowing your background and why you want to connect to it your not going to get help. You can do a lot of damage to the chiller if you dont know what you are doing and start playing around with settings in the various menus .
    give everyone some more info about what you want and who you are and take it from there . No offence intended .

I used to use a usb to 9 pin adaptor on mine. Still have to have teck view to see anything.

Graham is right. First you need TechView downloaded to your computer and you need to know why you did that. Everything the basic operator needs is on the DynaView interface. If you are a tech. you best know what you are are using TechView for.

i have work for trane for 13 year in fla, i have a comm failure on a rtac450 chiller. i have tech veiw 11.0 install but the computer that i have does have a serial port on it.
    Last edited by dfac; 08-25-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Contact Tech Support and they can tell you what cable you need to connect from a USB port.
    I reckon so.

First off, the USB to 9pin works, but sometimes it doesn't. I have been through this with trane. You have to make sure that your usb is setup on com1 or it won't work at all. Secondly, only ch530's with newer software will work with the usb. I wish I could tell you what the earliest version in the ch530 you need for the usb will work, but I don't recall off hand. Your best bet is to find an old laptop around the shop that has a serial port and then connect. You will have fewer headaches. To load new software into the ch530 is NOT reccommended. You will have to go through the whole thing and setup it back up. This will leave you even more problems. Avoid this and find another laptop.
    If Snickers is 'totally satisfying,' then why is there a King Size?

york chiller

i
    Last edited by dfac; 10-09-2008 at 10:56 AM.

what office in Florida did you work for?

south fla trane

Is South Florida Trane a commerical office or a dealership?

commerical office

Quote Originally Posted by dfac View Post
    i have work for trane for 13 year in fla, i have a comm failure on a rtac450 chiller. i have tech veiw 11.0 install but the computer that i have does have a serial port on it.
    Not trying to be an a$$, but if you work for a CSO why can't you get info from them or Pueblo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast