RTAA-125 Phase Protection?

Traine chiller says phase protection on compressor A has become inoperative?
    I don't have much experience with chillers so any help would be great. Where do I start?

How about serial number? Or at least year built, so we know which version of controls you have. Lots of guys here willing to help, but we need a little more info. A little more about your experience would go a long ways to build trust in you working on this equipment.

Welcome aboard.

I don't know your experience level so don't take offense to this, but if you don't have much chiller experience, I would have a tech who does help you out on this one. Ask questions and learn as much as possible. One thing you don't want to do is spin a screw compressor backwards, you'll have a boat anchor.

Sorry for the lack of info it is a Trane Series R, Model # RTAA1254XJ01A3DOB, Serial # U97MO7083,460v,R-22 Chiller. Most of my experience is in the residential area but I have a strong background in controls & EMS systems.
    I've checked the voltage and amp draw and they are in line but before I wasted anymore time I thought somebody has seen this issue and could point me in the right direction or starting point to speed the process.
    Thanks,
    Woody

O.K. It was born in December 1997 in Pueblo Colorado with UCPII controls. From your comments in your latest post, I'm assuming the machine is now running. Which means "someone" reset the diagnostics and started the machine aagain. Probably without first checking the phase protection or even the actual phase rotation. The alarm is telling you that you are operating without protection from phase reversal. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you really shouldn't be trying to service this type of equipment. There's a whole lot more going on than can be taught in a n HVAC-Talk forum. Like chillerguy81 says it is not a good situation to be in. If there should be a power outage that should happen to come back reversed, the RTAA will become a boat anchor. You really need to have someone experienced get in there and check out the phase reversal protection.

Trane is coming out to look at the chiller, didn't restart because I didn't know if I should or not. I tend to be very cautious when it comes to things like this.
    Thanks for the info.

Let us know how it turns out. We can all learn from these type of situations.

If the chiller is running now, my money is on the IDC plug at the board.

It was a bad circuit board, 6400-0805-01-REV C, Controls the phase protection. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the feed back. So many times threads are dropped and we're all left wondering what ever happened to so-and-so with his big earthshaking problem.

Thanks again