I know you guys are busy, so I'll try to give you the essentials.
- 8 year old home - I'm original owner
- 3 ton, 10 seer York with 80,000 BTU furnace with 1200 cfm blower
- 9000 BTU of supplemental cooling in hottest bedroom
- 1470 Sq Ft of main level above completely below grade basement - no shade
- 700 Sq. Ft. of space with Cathedral ceilings from 8' to 14.5' all with soffit vents, ridge vents, and baffles - R-19 insulation
- 770 Sq. Ft. of 8 Ft. Ceiling with soffit and roof vents - R30 insulation
- About 80 sq. ft of windows on SW side
- About 80 sq ft of windows on NE side
- All exterior walls are 4.5" with 1/2 siding, 1/2 gypsum, and R-11 fiberglass
- AC checked three times with no problems found - condenser, evaporator, and filter clean - 20 degree drop across coil
- At 100 outside, 80 inside - cools great at night - aluminum on all SW window exteriors with no daytime cooking to maintain temp.
- No Manual J performed - nobody willing to do it - rule of thumb techs only
Where do I go next? I see lots of great advice here. Please point me in the right direction.