Replacing McQuay 25 ton Chiller -Help?

I am replacing a McQuayALR025a WITH NEW McQuay AGZ025B-SS27-ER10
    ON the IOM pg 7 requires a 40 mesh strainer -- My promblem is - the companies I called dont have this item, they have 20 or 100 mesh.
    Anyone can help?

Second: on the old unit on the cooler had/has inlet and outlet of 2" of pipe
    my question is which side is the inlet and outlet? the flow switch was inline with the right side (is the flow swith always on the outlet?)

Thanks to All
    God Bless

I can't tell you how many chillers I have come to start up that are piped backwards. Do us all a favor and either trace out the piping or if it is still possible run the pump the high pressure is your inlet. Also yes typically the flow switch is on the outlet however not everyone knows or follows that so you can't go by it.

I did turn on cp-1 (circulating pump) and opened the valve that was marked supply (it is coming of the pump) and the water came out on the left pipe of the old chiller cooler... and that..... was the same line the old flow switch was in. sO THATS why I think I am confussed... Any other help?
    God Bless

as mustard stated, flow switches should be on the leaving side of the bundle, left,right, over,under. READ your iom for configuration of piping for your unit

If it is a single pass chiller bundle, it will have conter-flow piping. The water inlet will be on the refrigerant suction side of the barrel......

And as far as the strainer I would go finer than recommended, but other than that can't help you with the rest of this mesh. Thorry.

Ok i am passed the inlet and outlet and I HAVE read the IOM's. i KNOW the inlet and outlet for the new, but wanted to make sure about the old pipe, thats all....

New question -- What type of materials do you guys use to solder 2" copper pipe/fittings with??

I use an oxygen and acet. tanks, I set them at 5 and 15, today I purchased 15% silver solder stick, square, 1/8".
    I am using a #4 rosebud tip..

Solder/BRAZING THE JOINTS ARE TAKING WAY TO LONG. hELP PLEASE??????
    Last edited by jwk; 08-20-2008 at 10:30 AM.
    God Bless