Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
Results 170 to 174 of 174
  1. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    In my truck, driving
    Posts
    818
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Available from JB


    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....33-Carrier-RTU


    smb06-0004a.pdf



    Some controversy about the price and availability of the tool.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....11#post1821711

    Hmmm
    Last edited by skwoodwiva2; Yesterday at 06:58 PM.

  2. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    In my truck, driving
    Posts
    818
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Anyone ever have to buy the valve? Is it 50 or 500 dollars?
    The "back body" could be modified to a large male flare. To form something exactly like a CRT for vacuume service.

  3. #172
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    15,060
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skwoodwiva2 View Post
    Anyone ever have to buy the valve? Is it 50 or 500 dollars?
    The "back body" could be modified to a large male flare. To form something exactly like a CRT for vacuume service.
    Where I live it is $500. But the local Carrier dealer has a pretty good deal they worked out. You go in and buy the tool, after you are done using it then you return it for full credit.
    I don't understand happiness as an ambition . . . It's not really worthy. I understand it as a byproduct.

    Harrison Ford

  4. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    In my truck, driving
    Posts
    818
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Where I live it is $500. But the local Carrier dealer has a pretty good deal they worked out. You go in and buy the tool, after you are done using it then you return it for full credit.
    Do you find a need to relace the core assembly other than that it just leaks? I mean, a swivel adapter should suffice.
    You don't actually need the volume the fitting provides for normal work, right?

    I seek a rocket ship...
    Lol but all the fuss I do not understand.

  5. #174
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    15,060
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skwoodwiva2 View Post
    Do you find a need to relace the core assembly other than that it just leaks? I mean, a swivel adapter should suffice.
    You don't actually need the volume the fitting provides for normal work, right?

    I seek a rocket ship...
    Lol but all the fuss I do not understand.
    I have only needed to replace the core assemblies on two units so far. Typically, if they leak I just put on a new cap then replace the cores when we can. Usually there are other issues that often need to have the refrigerant removed anyway, or that unit is already almost out.
    I don't understand happiness as an ambition . . . It's not really worthy. I understand it as a byproduct.

    Harrison Ford

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.