Carrier 50HJQ014 621YA

Carrier 50HJQ014 621YA 12.5 Ton

Just checking to see if anyone has had problems with plugging in the liquid feeders to evap coil in cooling mode and plugging in the condensing coil in heat mode? Check valves and dryers all good. Just checking if anyone has had problems with this , Carrier is declining on them. 06D Compressors, Heat Pumps 12.5 tons, noting but problems from start up.

Carrier states that they have never had a successful clean out of liquid feedeers on this model and reccomends coil and header change outs. Need to know if anyone has had this problem with this model.
    Last edited by AZHeatslave; 08-15-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: typos

Carrier package units

The Carrier 48/50 TJ and HJ series package units have orifices in the coil inlets for metering devices. We have seen more than our share of these stop up and have never been able to clean them. Not one of their better ideas.

Just replaced a compressor on one of these units I was handed this job on friday found out that this is the second compressor in a year and the reversing valve sticks also carrier decided to make this unit fail to cool instead like all of there othor units which fail to heat.

Quote Originally Posted by beenaxed View Post
    The Carrier 48/50 TJ and HJ series package units have orifices in the coil inlets for metering devices. We have seen more than our share of these stop up and have never been able to clean them. Not one of their better ideas.
    i never try and clean them. if i find one thats restricted, it gets replaced.