+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Embraco Compressor Start Device HELP!!!

Post Likes

Confused Embraco Compressor Start Device HELP!!!

Hello!!
    I am working on a Kenmore Refrigerator and the start device on the compressor has burn up. The compressor is a EMBRACO EGY80HLP. Does anyone know where i can pick up the start device for this unit? i have called Kenmore service and they said its not avaiable until AUG 29th and then 10day later i might see it. I dont have a part number of the start device, but i have it in hand, There are a few numbers on it but i can distinguish which is the part number.

The refrigerator is a Kenmore Side by Side model number 106.51254104.

Please if anyone can help me locate this part i would greatly appreciate it.

ERIK

Post Likes
    supco 3in1 rcd0410 kit

Post Likes
    Is there a way you can give me a link to the supco web site for this part? I am trying to look it up and cant seem to find it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sokoservices View Post
    Is there a way you can give me a link to the supco web site for this part? I am trying to look it up and cant seem to find it.
    Your local wholesale house

Post Likes
    just a comment, a lot of mechanics buying a replacement for a burned out start kit are buying it for a dead compressor, you can start and run a good compressor as a test without components, did you do that?

ex: a friend waited 2 weeks for start kit that did not start his dead compressor (lost the account)

Post Likes
    Hello!!
    I am working on a Kenmore Refrigerator and the start device on the compressor has burn up. The compressor is a EMBRACO EGY80HLP. Does anyone know where i can pick up the start device for this unit? i have called Kenmore service and they said its not avaiable until AUG 29th and then 10day later i might see it. I dont have a part number of the start device, but i have it in hand, There are a few numbers on it but i can distinguish which is the part number.

The refrigerator is a Kenmore Side by Side model number 106.51254104.

Please if anyone can help me locate this part i would greatly appreciate it.

ERIK
    E-mail me (in profile)

Post Likes
    Johnstone Supply. Solid State 3 N’ 1 Relays

FIG
    Catalog Page: 1302

# Combination relay, overload and start capacitor
    # Provides additional boost to compressor
    # Three sizes fit 1/12 through 1/2 HP compressors on domestic and commercial refrigerators and freezers
    # Completely pre-wired and installs quickly and easily

Item # Mfg. # HP Volts
    B11-555 RCO810 1/12, 1/10, 1/8, 1/6, 1/5 115
    B11-556 RCO410 1/4, 1/3 115
    B13-542 RCO210 1/2 120

Post Likes
    http://www.supco.com/eclass.htm
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    FYI and FWIW not all embraco compressors agree with that Johnstone kit recommended. I had a recent situation where the start components for the Embraco are not compatible and need the OEM parts.

The start component for a lot of the refridgerators with Embraco compressors is designed to plug onto the SCR terminals only one way and for a newbee the kit might pose a problem if you reverse those leads. I DO NOT recommend using the supco kit in this case. I have personally found this out the hard way. The start component is incompatible even plugged in correctly.

This is a common problem in certain fridges and so if it happens to you once I recommend having a second one on hand in case the problem repeats itself if you are really dependent on the fridge.

It very possibly could also be the compressor. If you unplug the start component and it looks melted and when you shake it parts move around, then yeah, its bad for sure.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in