Full foaming amber color right side hand hole sight glass Trane 2E5R88

Need conformation that it most likely is too much oil along with slugging liquid etc.

My knowledge is that while running it should settle to less than 3/8" to just above bottom of sight glass and be not more than 70 PSI above suction PSI.
    This one is 85 PSI.

I have other factors to support the facts but am obligated to keep information non recognizable by the client.
    This is second 100 ton rebuild this season.

Your oil pressure on a semi hermetic should be roughly 70psi higher than your current suction pressure.

With the unit running you should have a 1/4 sight glass.

What was the complaint? Is oil returning to the compressor? Does the evap. sit lower or higher than the compressor? What kind of unit are we talking about?

ETA - From what I understand a good superheat/subcooling reading will allow you to know if you are stacking oil in either the condenser or evap coils but I am still learning how that is done.

Is a chiller barrel unit, self contained and uses air condenser's outdoors with a total 100 tons of fan coils strung everywhere, some 50ft away and some 300ft away from mechanical room. "I have not put my gauges on it,if I do I will end up owning the job and in my lap! So convert temps to PSI's"
    Some fan coils have up to 1.26"/1.49"wc External Static

OUTSIDE TEMP 75*
    OUTSIDE NORTHERN COND
    NORTH INPUT 153*
    SOUTHERN INPUT 160.8*
    OUTPUT NORTHERN 85.1*
    SOUTH 75.3*

OUTSIDE SOUTHERN COND
    NORTHERN INPUT 158.3
    SOUTH INPUT 155.8*
    OUTPUT NORTHERN 93.4*
    SOUTH 108.8*

MAIN INPUT 162*
    OUTPUT 98*

230V** RLA 280 LRA 1520
    460V
    ELECTRICAL AMPS
    L1/114.7 L2/112.7 L3/116.5

*OIL S/GLASS TO FULL & FOAMING
    MOUNTED GAUGE READINGS SUCTION 62
    DISCHARGE 232
    OIL PSI 145
    COMP CUT OFF 38*
    TXV'S (3) 20 TON (60)TON TO 100 TON UNIT

SPORLAN R22 # (KT-33-VGA) EACH
    ***INPUT TO TXV'S 75.2* (CLEAR SIGHT GLASS)
    ***OUT OF TXV'S INTO
    CHILLER BARREL MAIN/39.9* JUST PAST TXV'S /
    AT BARREL ENTRANCE 35.5*
    AT EXIT TO COMP 53.6* DIFF (17.8*)
    LEFT/41.6* CENTER/42.5* RIGHT/41.9*

RANCO UN HOOKED NO PUMPDOWN CAPABILITIES FOUND
    WATER OUT 47* BACK 50* through out system mostly, only some fan coils get a 10*TD. Most get only a 4*TD.

Nightmare is an understatement!!

ok, oil should be "in the sight glass" but foaming shows low superheat or too much oil. amber color could be old/dark oil coloration. 70 psid is not too high (i have one that runs 85-86 psid and has been that way right out of the box). like you show in a later post, 30-35 psid is the cut out value.

it appears that you may have approximately 18-20F suction superheat which is a little high. never use the unit mounted gages! use known, good gages to verify...if the unit mounted gages match, then you can use them. (i know you said that you can not use your gages).

you do not show what your actual voltages are...but i think that this unit was originally spec'd at 220 VAC. if so, then your amp draw shows that you are running about 30% RLA. if 460 VAC, then you are running about 100% RLA.

you are showing about a 12F evap approach which at 100% load, is not too bad...but if 30-35% load...that would be real bad. your evap temp drop is quite low. perhaps your water flow is too high?

good luck.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo