Confirm Pro advice on hydronic heating

As a result of the advice on this forum of seeking a professionals expertise on designing and installing my hydronic heating system I find myself with yet another question. I am currently communicating with a couple of pros about using their services for my system. They were found by searching the Radiant Panel Ass. as advised on this forum. I am planning on using an OWB as my heat source for my system and plan on doing radiant heating . I was led to believe previously that because the OWB is an open loop design that I would need to put all secondary loops on heat exchangers in order to separate pumps etc. from it and to also be able to pressurize those loops. Currently one of the technicians I am communicating with said that if he designed the system he would not do it that way. He advises keeping it an open loop system and using stainless steel or bronze pumps etc.. His argument is the savings in heat exchangers and the maintenance of them will offset the higher cost of the the stainless steel or bronze circulators and that it will be a simpler system to design and maintain. Because I will have to make a hiring choice between a couple of different pros for the system design/ install .... and this is a different approach that I have felt could be used previously ....does anyone have any input on this concept? Thx again, RH

I think I agree with him. Use bronze impeller pumps suitable for domestic water and avoid using heat exchangers. Heat exchangers are expensive and have maintenance implications that are avoidable.

So without actaully crunching the numbers - I will say that he is not making stuff up, his points are valid, IMO.

Then again - you might need a mixing valve for the domestic water use - unless you can set an anti-scald on all your fixtures...

Mixing valves aren't free either...

Double post, sorry.

Misxing was definitely in the picture when I talked with this supplier. Besides DHW there is the issue of temps for the radiant in the floor etc. Thank you for the response. RH