need help with something

hello lynchburg virginia here-- I myself have 17 years in the hvac field but now i own a property management company in lynchburg virginia that handles about 200 rentals in the past i would do all the heating and air work that was needed myself but now don't have the time any more to handle it Ive been using a guy for several months now that is very good has great prices and 99% of the time is same day service problem is he does not have a hvac card the only card he has is a freon card and a home improvement licence and a liability insurance policy does he need to have a hvac master card to make repairs to my systems typically he adds freon replaces filters fan motors and such if a system needs replacing i will install it myself since i have my master hvac card and a class a contractors card i have looked on the va dpor site but can't find any thing about making repairs mostly it say you must be certified to install a system any help will be appreciated
    Last edited by browningv308; 08-13-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: install location

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    In Florida he needs a llicense.

Might want to repost with your location in the title of the thread,since you need a local response.

From what I can recall, someone in the "company" needs a mech. masters' card to be doing work in the HVAC field, which covers all employees. I can't guarantee, but that is how our co. works, for plumbing, elec, and mech.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Yep I seem to have read that somewhere myself that when the company owner is liscensed he covers all field employees with his liscense. You maybe in the same situation where your liscense will cover him since he works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    From what I can recall, someone in the "company" needs a mech. masters' card to be doing work in the HVAC field, which covers all employees. I can't guarantee, but that is how our co. works, for plumbing, elec, and mech.
    That is the way I understand it Tunnel, our main office is in Virginia and I dont think that more than one or two of our 30+ techs have a masters lic.
    We also run calls in Maryland, PA, DC and west by-god VA. I have been told that Maryland requires a masters for service techs but does not enforce the rule. All these states require a masters licence to pull a permit for new work or a change out.

PA doesn't.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?