Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    attic air enters the space below or cold air goes up into the attic?

cold air leaks out your front door or humid air is sucked in through the door frame?

Is this a single story or two story house?

Are the supply and return grilles in the ceiling?

Is there a central return grille off of a hallway near the attic access?
    The house is under negative pressure, so hot attic air and outside air are being sucked into the house from the attic access and underneath the door. It is a single story house. The supplies are in the ceiling. It has a free return with a return transfer system (flex run from one room to the next). The attic access is in a far corner of the house, and the air handler is in the middle of the house. The are probably 30 feet apart.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefitness View Post
    It has a free return with a return transfer system (flex run from one room to the next).
    Clarify that, please. The return is connected to the return grill with flex, right? What do you mean by "free return"?

I still think the supply system is leaking somewhere regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by larobj63 View Post
    Clarify that, please. The return is connected to the return grill with flex, right? What do you mean by "free return"?

I still think the supply system is leaking somewhere regardless...
    It sounds like a central return, then a transfer system.A return transfer grille in a room, and then a similar grille in the hall connected with flex, it is better than undercutting a door

I would suspect a supply duct leak in the attic compounded by the central return scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    It sounds like a central return, then a transfer system.A return transfer grille in a room, and then a similar grille in the hall connected with flex, it is better than undercutting a door

I would suspect a supply duct leak in the attic compounded by the central return scheme
    Rigghhht - that makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123