Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And to top it off, he fell through the living room ceiling so their drywall guy is coming out today. It is currently patched with cardboard and silver tape.

Beside the obvious undersized ducts/reduced airflow problem, I agree with cap tube, there will be added infiltration and heat gain from your temp. ceiling repair.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

I have to agree with everybody that said poor duct design and added heat through your cardboard ceiling.

Also concerning R-8 flex in Florida (atleast West Central), good luck finding it in stock anywhere around here, if you want it it is considered special order every place I have asked.

Quote Originally Posted by forcryinoutloud View Post
    I have to agree with everybody that said poor duct design and added heat through your cardboard ceiling.

Also concerning R-8 flex in Florida (atleast West Central), good luck finding it in stock anywhere around here, if you want it it is considered special order every place I have asked.
    Phfft...it's common as water around here. Bet if you called a Johnstone in Mi you could get it next to nothin'.

sounds like they pulled out a good duct system and installed a crappy one why did thet not just seal up and re insulate the metal duct they also could have a big air leak somewhere

R-8 seems to be code for attic installations in quite a few states. The first time I asked for it at a supplier I got the 'deer in the headlights' look.

I just talked with a buddy of mine who took a duct design class. He told me that when you're using flex you have to go up one size (for example 6" hard pipe would be 7" flex) because you have more frictional loss in flex. Sounds like you're return is undersized and return is where you get moisture removal, I mean if the unconditioned air can't get to the system it's going to stay unconditioned.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    "They also replaced our merc stat with a digital one. "

Could it be the old stat was inaccurate?

How does it feel,comfortable??

1400 sq ft,2.5 ton,not likely that it ever got to 70 degrees before,but it's possible.

14" and a larger trunk,if it's the case sounds large enough,but you know we can't tell from here.What size and type of return duct??

Can you get the sizes for sure and post some pics??

Yeah. They print the size of the duct plain as day all over it.

But like I said, you definetly did not get what you paid for.

Drywall guy showed up yesterday with a 3x3 piece of cement board, I think he was working on somebody's bathroom. He brought no ladder, no drop cloth, and borrowed my hammer. He did however bring his stoned hooker looking girlfriend, at first I thought she was just anti-social, but it wasn't until I went outside to invite her in that I could smell Dank. She must have gotten high while sitting in the car in front of my house.
    Anyways, back to the drywall....
    I had to take him up to Lowes to purchase a 4x8 sheet of drywall, which I had to pay for He just stood there with a dumb look, like "arent you going to pay"
    Once the drywall went up he taped it and had it partially mudded, then decided it was 8:30pm and it was time for him to go. Just before leaving he thought he would try and hit me up for 50 bucks so him and his girl could get dinner on their way home, I laughed and just told him no. He is supposed to come back on Friday to finish.

His fee would be taken out of the cost to have my ducts replaced, and he would be paid when the job was completed.

Last night my temps dropped from 77 to 73 around midnight to 70 at 6am this morning. During today the temps slowly increased from 70, 71,74, and currently at 10:30 pm it is now 77 degrees.

I spoke with the AC guy last night and was told that Upsizing the duct when going from metal only applies to Commercial jobs not residential and that if they used a larger duct 7" I would get less pressure and reduced airflow Makes no sense to me.
    I asked what should my pressure be, and was told that 75 was acceptable. They are coming back out tomorrow to check the entire system, Charge, Re-check coils, check for leaks in attic , ect...

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb_Homeowner View Post
    Drywall guy showed up yesterday with a 3x3 piece of cement board, I think he was working on somebody's bathroom. He brought no ladder, no drop cloth, and borrowed my hammer. He did however bring his stoned hooker looking girlfriend, at first I thought she was just anti-social, but it wasn't until I went outside to invite her in that I could smell Dank. She must have gotten high while sitting in the car in front of my house.
    Anyways, back to the drywall....
    I had to take him up to Lowes to purchase a 4x8 sheet of drywall, which I had to pay for He just stood there with a dumb look, like "arent you going to pay"
    Once the drywall went up he taped it and had it partially mudded, then decided it was 8:30pm and it was time for him to go. Just before leaving he thought he would try and hit me up for 50 bucks so him and his girl could get dinner on their way home, I laughed and just told him no. He is supposed to come back on Friday to finish.

His fee would be taken out of the cost to have my ducts replaced, and he would be paid when the job was completed.

Last night my temps dropped from 77 to 73 around midnight to 70 at 6am this morning. During today the temps slowly increased from 70, 71,74, and currently at 10:30 pm it is now 77 degrees.

I spoke with the AC guy last night and was told that Upsizing the duct when going from metal only applies to Commercial jobs not residential and that if they used a larger duct 7" I would get less pressure and reduced airflow Makes no sense to me.
    I asked what should my pressure be, and was told that 75 was acceptable. They are coming back out tomorrow to check the entire system, Charge, Re-check coils, check for leaks in attic , ect...
    So was the old stat accurate,how does it feel in your home? 70 degrees is unusual in your area.
    Last edited by dash; 08-13-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Where did you find these people? Your A/C contractor is a nincompoop.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Where did you find these people? Your A/C contractor is a nincompoop.
    And slings BS.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    And slings BS.
    He's probalby looking at a ductulator, and thinking FR is SP.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast