using condensate water to help condence

im just starting out in the field so tell me if this sounds stupid or not.. i was thinking about making somthing at my house that uses the condensate water from the evap to trickle down the condenser coil to help condence. due to home owner assoc. rules and laws i can not put any type of shade by my condenser from the florida sun. do you think it would help out at all?

Not really.
    A trickle wound be worth while.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Any energy saved by the evaporation advantage would be out-weighed by the pumping energy of getting the water to the top of the unit. We're taliking miniscule amounts of energy either way here, I would think...

Just for arguments sake, a better idea would be to use the condensate to further subcool your liquid line.

thats even a better idea .. thanks for the reply

If a 3 ton system, has a condensate of 1 gallon an hour(8.33 pounds of water).
    And moves 6.6 pounds of refrigerant a minute. How much benefit do you think you will get.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

A better use for the AC condensate is to capture it and use it for irrigation. I have a french drain installed underneath the condensate drain pipe that redirects the water along my back garden. Ended up installing the french drain because the condensate had dug a nice 8" deep hole. Worked well last winter (dry season). You could easily tell where the french drain and condensate were. Nice green grass near the house.

Whatever you do, keep an air gap between the existing drain pipe and new drainage. This is to keep bugs from crawling up the drain line and also keeps the system draining properly in case the add-on drain system backs up.

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Just for arguments sake, a better idea would be to use the condensate to further subcool your liquid line.
    For arguments sake:

What gain would there be in additional subcooling? Subcooling is sensible heat which should not have an effect on system pressures. The heat transfer takes place during condensation (latent heat). Any additional cooling efforts at this point (albeit miniscule in this example) would help in lowering the condensation temperature and effectively lowering the high side pressure. This would in effect decrease the load on the compressor resulting in higher efficiency. I would think that any attempts at increasing efficiency of dissipating heat would be best directed at the point of condensation, the coil.

Thoughts?