Newbie...no cool air question.

I live in an apartment complex and have a heating system that is sourced from my hot water heater. Recently my A/C hasn't been cooling like it used to. The air is not as cold and it stays on for hours, sometimes all day. My electric bill has been crazy lately. Is it possible that a check valve is causing hot water to run through at the same time and not allowing the a/c to cool properly? The supers at my apartment complex have been out 4 times now and they all tell me that it's just hot outside and my a/c just can't keep up. They have not once looked at the unit inside. They just look at the unit outside and check the freon level. But my neighbor's a/c puts out way colder air than mine and doesn't stay on as long as mine does. Anyone with ideas would be appreciated. I would just like to be able to talk to the management here and sound like I know what I'm talking about. LOL

Yes, its possible and does happen from time to time.

Tell the management, then their people have never checked the indoor unit.
    And ask them if they think you should have an outside contractor come and look at it. And send them the bill.

They'll get the idea that you are not happy, and atleast have the maintainence people check your indoor unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?