+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Fire Safety Device

Post Likes

New Fire Safety Device

Gents

Take a look at the new device my brother, Michael, and his business partner have come up with. It is called the Haven. It is a dry chem extinguisher that has a glass break head for activation.
    Production has started. They have been filmed for Dragons Den in Canada.( Shark Tank for the American version.) We hope to see it shown in November. They wont spill the beans as to the outcome.

Let me know what you think. They have a video on the website. Give it a look.
    WWW.Havenfiresafety.com
    Save me Jebus

Post Likes
    Looks good, but if it says it covers a 16'x16' area why does it recommend one every 8'?
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Post Likes
    I think those are great. I have a similar fire extinguisher I bought years ago from Griot's Garage (don't think they sell them anymore) for a closet at home I use to house networking gear and a couple of servers. I got paranoid after a computer power supply literally caught on fire one day at work. I think there's a good chance the fire would have spread if no one had been there to put it out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BasnettSales View Post
    Looks good, but if it says it covers a 16'x16' area why does it recommend one every 8'?
    Probably to ensure that in any situation a fire can be extinguished.

Post Likes
    Looks neat, need one for my kitchen with 5 women, ranging from 2 to 34 cooking at any given moment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kathmorgan12 View Post
    Wow! This is amazing. I've checked the website and the invention looks so promising. But the website just keeps on loading, perhaps it's having technical issues atm?
    Im having the same issue, I just get the thing loading, and loading and loading and loading and loading....you get the picture
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Im having the same issue, I just get the thing loading, and loading and loading and loading and loading....you get the picture
    Worked for me, using Firefox browser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Worked for me, using Firefox browser.
    I got it to work, had to reboot my computer, but it worked

Post Likes
    Bill gates is not our friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Bill gates is not our friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no s***

Post Likes
    Very cool invention. With so many old buildings unable to add water fire suppression this could be a tremendous seller. Also all new homes should have these in the areas suggested in the video. Insurance companies probably won't get on board since they are insuring the structure and contents, not the lives. That said, I am a big proponent of this product and can't wait to see it hit the market.

Post Likes
    Looks like a winner to me. I haven't experienced losing everything in a house fire but did suffer a loss due to a fire in a storage facility. That would seem to be a good market for your product since the individual units are sized that way,(8'x8', 16'x16', etc.)

Post Likes
    Great idea but they had better spend the $5-6k to get their website up to snuff before the Shark Tank show airs. They will lose out on a whole lot of business.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the feedback Gentlemen. The lads have been advised to up the game when it comes to the website.
    Again....thank you all for the comments and feedback.
    Save me Jebus

Post Likes
    Interesting Invention.

First off, they SHOWED THE WRONG VIDEO!!!! They should have showed this one:

That is the ugly truth about Ionization Smoke Alarms, Burn Toast? Goes Right Off!!!! Smouldering Fire.....Whoops......

BTW... They knew about the flaw since the late 1970's and a report was made official in 1980......But Magically Swept Under the Rug!!!

And for all of the so called "Experts" out there, one face is true, IN COMMERCIAL buildings, over 96% of the Detectors are Photoelectric, or Photoelectric With HEAT. Ionization is NEVER used alone for most applications.

Hell, go check the Duct Detectors, over 90% of them are PHOTOELECTRIC!!!

The hard truth is this, if you rely on a ionization only smoke alarm, and a smouldering fire starts in your house at night, the chances of you making it out alive are by over 75% lower VS having a photoelectric unit.

Been doing this 20+ Years Folks, Don't believe me, look it up. Some states are now Banning Ion only detectors for new homes, or home sales.

Ok, back to the Automatic Fire Extinguisher....... If it can be done practically, then it's not a bad idea. However, there will still be extensive cleanup of the ABC powder. Better then the whole room being destroyed by fire, but if that door was open......The ABC would go everywhere!!!

In my network room at my place, I still have two old Fireboy Halon units covering the racks, with manual activation possible.

So yea, this is an "Enhanced" Spot protection system. If they had a clean agent such as Novec 1230 or FM-200, it would be even better!

16. Likes CHRIZ liked this post.
    Post Likes
    ok. the new website is www.fssales.com this should let all folks see the videos. This is a sales website, set up by a distributor. Thanks again for the response.
    Save me Jebus

Post Likes
    Just saw it today in a 1/2 page article on the Winnipeg MB distributors of it in the Winnipeg Free Press home section. Seems like a neat product.

Post Likes
    This looks like a great invention!!!!

Post Likes
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS !!

It has made me aware that I need to further insure my family's safety in our home.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in