Thread: IAQ Problem

IAQ Problem

I can not seem to ever turn off the fan when I turn the system to off, becuase the IAQ stat still runs the circulation program. There is no off choice in the fan menu, just Auto, On, or circ. Currently it is a 75 degree day, so I have the system setting to OFF, but the fan is still executing the circulation program as it is set to Auto on the Fan setting and normally if the A/C were set to cool, I would like the fan to be on circulating, which is set in the schedule for this time period. What am I missing? How do I simply stop the fan from running, or did my HVAC guy wire in the fan incorrectly?

Thanks as this is the only problem I am having with this stat, and I love it.

I had this problem too. Here is my thread which shows the problem and solution:

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=170537
    Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
    I can not seem to ever turn off the fan when I turn the system to off, becuase the IAQ stat still runs the circulation program. There is no off choice in the fan menu, just Auto, On, or circ. Currently it is a 75 degree day, so I have the system setting to OFF, but the fan is still executing the circulation program as it is set to Auto on the Fan setting and normally if the A/C were set to cool, I would like the fan to be on circulating, which is set in the schedule for this time period. What am I missing? How do I simply stop the fan from running, or did my HVAC guy wire in the fan incorrectly?

Thanks as this is the only problem I am having with this stat, and I love it.
    "auto" is the same as off when not heating or cooling. The fan only operates when cooling or heating. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Go into your setback programs.
    Go into all events, wake, leave, return, sleep.
    And set fan to auto in all of them.

Programed fan events for on, and circ are controlling your fan.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    "auto" is the same as off when not heating or cooling. The fan only operates when cooling or heating. Regards TB
    This is wrong. The fan is in Auto and the schedule program Circ overrides. This is a really dumb programming error for Honeywell to have missed. Beenthere is correct only going back into the schedule and setting the fan to Auto in all time options will stop this problem. The only problem is that I purchased this stat for the circulation features, so I want to use them when the A/C is on, so I have to constantly go back and turn off circ in the schedule whenever I shut off the stat, which is just plain dumb.