Trane 30 Sec. Time Delay-Heat Pump

I have a Trane DX condensor, TWA180B400EA. I was looking at the schematic today while waiting for the metasys system to send a signal to it. While looking at the schematic, I discovered that I have no idea how the time delay works as wired, and then I got to wondering why they would even have a time delay wired in the way that it is, and what it's function is on a heat pump as wired. The way that the schematic shows, and the actual wires seem to be, the time delay is on the normally closed side of the fan relay. There is also a yellow wire used to bypass the timedelay and move on to the pressure switches and to the comp. contactor. I can understand breaking the yellow with the time delay, but I don't see why there is a bypass and I really can't figure out what this particular time delay's function is on this unit. I wonder how the bypass works in relation to the yellow wire that is actually broken by the time delay. Thanks for the help guys. I just am not used to seeing this type of wiring, and Trane schematics seem a little more complicated to me anyway.

Can't find wire diagram on my end with model. Got a serial?

No I don't. I may be able to get it tomorow. I was really hoping to find out what the theory behind it was, and then see if the shematic makes sense. Since I haven't gotten much feedback, I am wondering if this feature has been discontinued. thanks

I would be much better help if I could at what you are.

Maybe ask my trane rep to look for it Monday.

Ok, I have the model and serial #
    Mod: TWA180B400EA
    Ser: 2362LBLAD

I really would like to know what the delay is for and what the bypass wire is there for. I have one idea, and I am curious to see if it is correct. Thanks

NCSA - BASIC ED. COMPLEX CHAMBER MUSIC/REH

Sound familiar?

Dang, 15 units on the same job.

Trane is so screwy. I can find job info, manuals but no parts.

Only timer mentioned in IOM is defrost.

Stumped here.

PM with email, I'll forward manuals if you like.

I don't know how to "PM". I tried your profile, but didn't find anything there.

Send an email to jarredsdad@hotmail.com I'll send manuals back.